'stand up...if you hate the french, stand up...if you hate the french

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by campas12:
    personally i'm a stereotyper.
    Me too let's play

I can't stand arrogant ABC, BBC ... who because they study aboard think they are more important than Local. And how much i hate that fake accent they use to make them look more smart !

Enough already ?

Quote Originally Posted by Konijntje:
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    i cant stand people
    and per your previous posts, Park Island as well
    Well, there are a lot of people on Park Island (though what gets me is the ARK).

Just to point out that stereotyping is racism.

"According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race"

In other words racial stereotyping. "The French are arrogant".

We all do it of course, myself included.

Taking the piss out of each other is totally acceptable and wonderful in my opinion though. It's like swearing - you can swear at someone in jest or with meaning. Same words different intent. It would be stupid to take offence at the former, but to be expected in the latter case. Which category the OP's post falls into......

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Still have not answer the question.

You can't stand arrogant french people (in your own words).

Can you stand arrogant americans, germans.....?

Remove french from your sentence and we can all agree.

cause i consider your post 'noise'. but what the hey- let me entertain you for a minute.

i personally have not come across any arrogant germans. I've come across arrogant americans- but the MAJORITY of americans i've come across (which is a lot since i lived there for 15ish yearS) were NOT arrogant...

if you have reading comprehension 101 under your belt, you'll note from my original post that i complain about ARROGANT FROGGIES cause out of any group that i've met, the MAJORITY of them are arrogant.

And this response is not arrogant ?

Quote Originally Posted by campas12:
    cause i consider your post 'noise'. but what the hey- let me entertain you for a minute.

i personally have not come across any arrogant germans. I've come across arrogant americans- but the MAJORITY of americans i've come across (which is a lot since i lived there for 15ish yearS) were NOT arrogant...

if you have reading comprehension 101 under your belt, you'll note from my original post that i complain about ARROGANT FROGGIES cause out of any group that i've met, the MAJORITY of them are arrogant.

Mats spot on.

Also adding....

The mere fact that Campas12 listed societal variations within the USA, thinking that the same demographical/educational variations are not present in France, reeks ignorance to me.

I find the French, are one of the most passionate, socially sophisticated people in the world, one of the coolest, most original and culturally most interesting.... If you have ever lived in Paris, you would know just how cool a place it is, but judging by Campas12's Chigger potty mouth at the end of his last post, I'd say if people are arrogant toward him in person, it's probably because they don't like his outward alpha male: "I'm an ivy league wannabe" personality, with a dash of intense envy.

You get what you give, in this life.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 25-06-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    "According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race"

Well no. "French" is not a statement of race, it's a statement of nationality. Froggies, like Brits, come in every race (and mixture of races) that exist. So this isn't a racist comment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    Me too let's play

I can't stand arrogant ABC, BBC ... who because they study aboard think they are more important than Local. And how much i hate that fake accent they use to make them look more smart !

Enough already ?
    1. i hate the same. when asked where you're from- you clearly have a honkie accent when speaking english, don't tell me new york or something.

2. i hate abc/bbc's who were second rate, in the countries they're from but come here and let the new found appreciation (from ladies) get to their heads...probably the same reason i didn't hang out with asian back in the states.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by rshk:
    and by the way I'm not french, I'm Portuguese... want to criticize us also?
    Well Portugal hasn't really done too much to rattle cages in the past few centuries but then there is... Mateus Rose. Imperdoável !!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Just to point out that stereotyping is racism.

We all do it of course, myself included.

Taking the piss out of each other is totally acceptable and wonderful in my opinion though. It's like swearing - you can swear at someone in jest or with meaning. Same words different intent. It would be stupid to take offence at the former, but to be expected in the latter case. Which category the OP's post falls into......
    under that definition, fine- i'm racist against french ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto:
    Well, there are a lot of people on Park Island (though what gets me is the ARK).
    there is not enough hate in the world to express my feelings of the arch.

call me crazy, but I love post-apocoliptic movies for the fact that there is few humans left. I would love it. although that may be why I am a loner
    Posted via Mobile Device