gifts for co-workers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

In my office it is cakes (was donuts from that place that has now closed down or egg/custard tart/pie). You take the box around and offer and say your farewells.

As a side, while I like this idea I would like to do the same thing on my first day and am wondering how this would be received? Too rude or presumptuous?

egg tarts, mini-pastries, or those yummy creampuffs from that place in sogo
    we've had many, many people leave our company in the past 6 months, and that seems to be the standard

Quote Originally Posted by 0ze_Kid:
    As a side, while I like this idea I would like to do the same thing on my first day and am wondering how this would be received? Too rude or presumptuous?

Nope definately not as you don't want to be seen as a suck up.

Quote Originally Posted by saun-fam:
    egg tarts, mini-pastries, or those yummy creampuffs from that place in sogo
    we've had many, many people leave our company in the past 6 months, and that seems to be the standard
    How is the waistline?

Yes lots of yummy cakes seems to be standard practice here - plus a photo time or is that just because I am the gweilo boss?

Just thinking: global recession > loads of leaving dos > lots of cakes > obesity. Then a flu pandemic that seems to be worse if you are obese. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    How is the waistline?

Yes lots of yummy cakes seems to be standard practice here - plus a photo time or is that just because I am the gweilo boss?

Just thinking: global recession > loads of leaving dos > lots of cakes > obesity. Then a flu pandemic that seems to be worse if you are obese. Coincidence?
    Waistline was suffering a bit- then I announced publically that I was on a low-carb diet. That helped a bit! (course being the gweilo boss that is 2 inches taller and many many pounds heavier than all my staff may have something to do with it- I feel like a giant!) They're all taking pity on me- they offer the pastry, followed by embarrased grin, and "oh, sorry, no carbs..."
    on the plus side- lost 12 pounds!

not necessary. i think its customary they give you a gift and take you out. for women maybe take you to lunch, for men a night out at a KTV with hostesses. seems to be the norm. when in roman do what the romans do. lol.