Transfer money from Australia to HSBC account?

Closed Thread

Question Transfer money from Australia to HSBC account?

Hi there,
    I have been here a week and am trying to find a way to transfer money from an Australian bank account (Commonwealth Bank or Bank West) to my newly opened HSBC account. Has anyone managed to do this with internet banking? I can't find anywhere to put the SWIFT code the very helpful HSBC people gave me. Any ideas? Or past threads I have missed on the subject? Thanks for your help.
    V.

Smile

I'm an AUssie too. Haven't tried this one, but a quick call to the CBA might be in order - get them to guide you thru it whilst you are looking at the screen as they are too.
    I usually just do the cheque thing, but maybe I have just been over here so long, I forget...
    Sorry not much help really...
    Doing it the other way is a breeze (i.e., HK to Oz).
    Let me know how you get on. Good luck.
    Hope you enjoy HK - it has it's frustrations, and nothing can compare with Oz lifestyle (clean, clear fragrant air, bright sunlight, relaxed pace, gardens big enough to run in, and have own pool etc etc) but there are other compensations!
    A.

Last edited by AngeHK; 27-08-2005 at 06:19 PM. Reason: inclusion

Hi, if you have a CBA Netbank account, you will find a facility called "International Money Transfers" under "Transfer Money" tab where you could set up EFTs.

Netbank:
    https://www3.netbank.commbank.com.au/netbank/bankmain
    International Money Transfers:
    https://www.gmis.commbank.com.au/imt/logon.do

Cheers
    Mat

Hi mat

Does this cost much to do from CBA? Does anyone know if Bankwest does the same?
    ta

I have gathered the following info from CBA Netbank/IMT facility:

To begin you will need:

* Sufficient available funds in your account.
    * Beneficiary's name, address, account number and overseas bank details.
    * Payment details such as the amount and currency you wish to send.

Important Information

The charge to make an IMT with NetBank is AUD22.00. Please be aware that overseas banks may also charge the recipient a handling fee to deposit money into the recipient's account, and this amount will differ from bank to bank.

The normal processing time is 2 to 5 business days. However, this can take longer depending on the country the funds are sent to and its banking practices.

Minimum transfer amounts apply for funds to be sent overseas.

You will have to login to your netbank account to get access to the IMT facility where you can find all the information. Sorry, I am not quite sure about BankWest...

Cheers
    Mat

Money Transfer

Hi Guys,

This is possible - I do it all the time using www.oz-pay.com, they bank with HSBC so transfers are super quick especially for international transfers. Ex rates are much better than the local bank as well.

Let me know if you use it, i want to know if I am the only nut who finds it very useful.

All the best!

- Brendan
    Money Transfer

PS:

1. Transfers between: OZ/HK/UK/IRE/ESP/IOM/NZ
    2. No receiving bank fees
    3. Cost $15AUD
    4. ex rates kick ass
    5. Can receive payments in other countries to that countries local account (marvelous!)

Last edited by chateaux; 17-05-2006 at 06:13 PM.