Like Tree1Likes

Are there fireworks on July 1st?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are there fireworks on July 1st?

I read somewhere online there are usually fireworks but I do not see this mentioned on the discoverhongkong.com website. Can anyone confirm this?

YES but you need to be somewhere like Causeway Bay or high up in Mid levels to get a good view. Alternatively there are places along the harbour front (Tin Hau) is pretty good.

it's like a reverse independence day - of course there are fireworks.

audiology likes this.

Eh? The big fireworks displays are the Second Day of Chinese New Year, and 1st October (Chinese National Day). They have started doing lesser displays on western New Year. But other than that I am not aware of anything except possibly a slightly enhanced version of the normal light show on 1st July.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrider:
    YES but you need to be somewhere like Causeway Bay or high up in Mid levels to get a good view. Alternatively there are places along the harbour front (Tin Hau) is pretty good.
    How about TST? I actually only want to go for photography purposes. I'm assuming from TST (near the star ferry) you can see the fireworks clearly and also have the Central/Causeway Bay skyline in the background.

Where exactly will the fireworks be? Central? Wanchai? Causeway Bay?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Yes, TST will a good vantage point for watching the fireworks on October 1st.

Ken,

You seem to be missing the important point - there is no big fireworks display on 1st July!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Ken,

You seem to be missing the important point - there is no big fireworks display on 1st July!
    I understand that the fireworks are not as 'big' as the ones on National Day or CNY but that doesn't mean they aren't worth shooting from a photographer's perspective. Sometimes you can make things ordinary...extraordinary just by changing up your perspective/approach.

Then Ken dear - just go to see the light show at 8pm on any night.

If there is a fireworks display the fireworks are set off from barges anchored in the middle of the harbour.
    Otherwise they let off a couple of bangers and a Roman candle off the top of the HSBC building n such.

its a national day, there should be a firework

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast