more noise issues

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

more noise issues

would like to have your thoughts on this...live in a "private estate" and in addition to non stop renovation causing problems, this whole place is a cacophanous asylum. there's new neighbors down the hall hosting their freaking friends every night and screaming along to party games, a family of lunatics next door who go in and out every five minutes, slamming the metal gate as they go, and generally all the neighbors can't seem to stay home for longer than a few minutes. serious, there's always somebody making some kind of racket in the hall!
    is this typical of many buildings?
    does moving to one of those fancy apt's help?
    what do you recommend as a solution, except buying a plane ticket back home?

thanks.

I assume you've already called the management and the police / filed nuisance reports against the partying neighbours?

Hello

That would annoy me aswell. Fortunately it is very quiet here where we are(houses, not a block)
    Not sure what to suggest (maybe others have same experience) other than (for nightime) get earplugs (tho they give me funny dreams) or go out more (last ditch -keep same hours to youir neighbours), make more noise yourself to drown it out (own musicL/slam a few doors)
    But seriously, I sympathise. Can you move?
    Hope it gets better
    L

I had the same problem when we lived in London. It got to the point of me nearly grabbing a knife and going on a rampage I ended up telling the building super that unless it stopped i would report HIM to the police and landlord for not doing his job...it didn't stop but it improved a lot, which i settled for.

thanks all.

haven't complained to the cops about these particular infractions just yet, nor to management. was waiting for it to abate naturally, which it doesn't seem likely to do. will be talking to the estate manager tomorrow, to see what they have to say for themselves.

wish me luck!

was surprised tho to read baron's testimony. in london of all places? well, there's idiots everywhere. how would you compare it to HK? was the old capital noisier still? hard to believe.

It was because we had a bunch of Spanish guys who partied nearly every night. Our bedroom door was joined to the hallway to their rooms as well, so when they had parties, people would be trying to open our bedroom door thinking it was the toilet! Great when you have to get up for work at 5am.
    It's really luck of the draw i think, though i guess the more you pay, the quieter it will be.

heh sounds funny what happened to you but it's quite tragic really to hear of good hard working people at the mercy of total idiots. apparently it's some law of nature: the obnoxious rule.

later

ood luck with management. you may have to go back a few times to prove your point, I've found.
    we had some noisy spoanish neighbours too (in london) tho not next door.
    in london usually the lease prevents excess noise (tenants usually unaware as theyve never seen one) after 11pm and before something like 8am.
    incidentally have you gone over personally to complain? good luck anyway.
    L

heh, i have this (what appeared to be) sweet old lady move in next to my flat a few weeks ago. She is really nice except the fact that she sings karaoke chinese opera from like 9pm-2am every night...

The noise itself isnt that bad, but her voice ranks right up to the likes of chalkboard screaching and a hyena's laugh. anyways, I just brought it up with the mgmt office (respectfully) and havent heard it at those hours since.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast