Prepaid SIM?

Closed Thread

Prepaid SIM?

I bought a prepaid SIM-card today at 7eleven, but then found out that my number expires after 6 months, no matter if I topup or not...which kind of suck

Can anyone recommend anything better, I'm looking for a prepaid which I can topup at any 7eleven or similar...?

Thanks!

Never heard of those that can't be topped up. I usually buy from:
    1) service provider like '3', CSL, Smartone,
    2) Fortress etc,
    3) a guy in a shopping arcade.
    I have bought prepaid sim cards for '3' and Smartone. They require topping up every six months. My last two cards were with '3' and you can buy top-up cards from (1) and (3). The cards have scratch off numbers which you key in with your mobile to add the top-up $ to your card.
    I notice that Fotomax (film developers) also sell top-up cards.

Are you sure about the expiry? Most only expire if you don't reload for a period of X months...

PDLM...I just read the disclamer, AGAIN, and...hrrmm....you're right! "You can use the same number for 180days after each recharge"...I must have been drunk, sorry for wasting your time mr.Disco :S

I change MY number every 180 days - It is cheaper to buy a NEW Orange Card than a top-up card. [Apliu St ShamShuiPo for greatly discounted cards.]

I seldom use my phone, and have to burn off the residue value right at the end in making long distance calls.

Why should I let Bloated Capitalist Li Ka Shing garner "Windfall Profits" from me ???

So how cheaper is a new prepaird sim card?

I've had - in the past - a 50% discount on Orange cards, but only a very few Dollar discount if I wanted a "recharge"" card.

Nota Bene : I'm **NOT** saying that it is ALWAYS possible to get a 50% discount on the face value of a $200 "Orange" card.

Last time I got a $200 card it was a lot less discounted, but still considerably cheaper than "recharging" the old card !