Burning incense sticks crazily indoor allowed?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Burning incense sticks crazily indoor allowed?

I am sitting in my office and getting almost a smoke inhalation injury because some guys next to my office are burning incense sticks crazily in front of their office door (with big fire). And I mean really A LOT. When I open the door, smoky clouds are everywhere and it looks like the house is on fire.
    Is this allowed??? It smells soooo bad :-(

Depends on the management company but I would certainly complain to them as its a fire hazard.

I just called the managament company and complained... lets see if they do anything. He said he will check it out now.
    But I was wondering if that is allowed? It is really a fire hazard and I really wonder if it is allowed by law. There are more and more reports on the news about buildings on fire and they are allowed to keep doing that?

Not usually, but as it's a Buddhist practice you need a little tolerance.

ermmm... excuse me but making a BIG fire and burning tons of incence sticks is really not excusable. I am very tolerant and I get along here very well. But getting a smoke inhalation injury is really not a minor issue.
    The whole space outside was full with smoke. dark grey smoke. INDOORS!!! i really thought there is a fire.
    My air purifier works like crazy, showing the dark red light (for extreme pollution) and I start getting a headache now

and I shouldnt forget to say: I am an online trader and have lots of products in my office (lots of clothes). All these clothes are exposed to the smoke now and may smell really bad. I hope I can still sell them.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

If you see a fire, set off the fire alarm.

Alas superstitions, and their accompanying practices, are generally permitted here.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 08-07-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    excuse me but making a BIG fire and burning tons of incence sticks is really not excusable. I am very tolerant and I get along here very well.
    You are coming across as a religious bigot. Locals like burning shit, especially when opening new offices.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    You are coming across as a religious bigot.
    Don't see how you got to that conclusion.

Its having an effect on her health and her business so she has every right to be concerned.

What would you do in her shoes?

why are you so personally offended by me asking if it is allowed by law to make a fire indoors and create lots of smoke?
    why religious? did i mention anything related to any religion?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast