cantonese learning

Closed Thread

cantonese learning

Dear friends,
    hai this is my second time i am posting my query, this is an excellent site where everyone tries to help each other i get lot of information and knowledge after reading the post here, thank u keep it up.
    regarding my query i want to learn cantonese in TST on weekends as i am working on weekdays does anybody know where one can learn chinese (cantonese) and also how much they cost and does one benefit from learning (i.e. do they teach good).

thanks to all those who responds to this query.

I strongly encourage you to learn Cantonese. When I first arrived here, people told me to learn Mandarin instead. But after picking up Cantonese, I find learning Mandarin easy and can understand basic words. Is like learning 2 languages in 1. They are very similar, pronouncing is a bit different, slang is completely different though.

However do it for the sake of learning the language. Depending on where you work/live, you will never need ot know a single word of Cantonese.

i agree with you kirlex

hai ,

i totally agree with you kirlex but where did u learn them? and how much did u pay does learning at ymca are any teacher who can teach at home can help.