Unlimited GPRS in Hong Kong?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    I am so glad you cleared that up for us.
    ummm, yes. do i detect sarcasm?

humanbeing, please excuse my simpleness, cowbrain or woteva... i am now ok with the voice clarity bits, but from then on i am confused again, unitl ur last bit where u say that the call divert is free to loyal customers even after 12months.. and intra SMS is free on networks other than CSL. whats the bit about contact numbers and company policy and not asking that question again? sorry, i dont get it.

Opreators automatically send a SMS like: "call divert... free for another 12 months..." in the 12th month. Call Divert(Free) is standard in postpaid market. *Nobody paid for it.
    If u didn't receive that SMS, ask customer service. Don't offer it for free , switch to another opreator.

KIA, how is your coverage with Sunday?

Sunday have a new 3-in-1 offer . Even without buying a mobile from them the plans look good. I am curious to know just how much 20MB of GPRS can give me. The alternative would be their unlimited plan which from their shops is advertised as 168 but on their website is 128?

Have just moved from 3 to Sunday and must say the service is much better. Normal voice service from Sunday is a huge improvement from 3 and the data service is so much faster. With 3 I had a hard time connecting to my mail server via GPRS but with Sunday it connects every time and downloads are fast.

I am quite keen on moving over to Sunday. Their website is clear and easy to navigate. Pricing is good. Options are good. No need to sign a contract. English is used well on their website and leaflets.
    I rang them up and after choosing '2' for an English operator I was almost immediately transferred to another operator who spoke to me in Cantonese.
    So, continuing in English I asked a number of questions the answers to which now lead to me believe that all is not going to be that easy.
    To the question "if I sign up today when can I expect the service to start" I got the answer "we will send you a bill each month". Four further attempts got me the answer I wanted to hear. Still he did wish me a "good day" before I hung up the phone.
    Still pondering over the next step.

Sunday Sales Hotline:2113 8383 (Office Hours)

"when can I expect the service to start?"
    MNP (old no)
    Sign & handle copies: (ID/ proof of address/credit card / ...)
    The "3" SIM card
    Choose TIME (12:-004:00/ 13:00-16:00) & DATE for the transfer (Minimum:3 days)
    New no:
    Sign & handle copies: (ID/ proof of address/credit card ...) (within 1 day)

Last edited by humanbeing; 28-09-2005 at 06:17 PM.

The guys in the shop (Shatin) were very helpfull and explained it all in good English. No conract so if I do not like their plan or service I can change any time.

It took me a few days to get my number changed over but that was because i did not have a proof of address. They had to mail a letter to me which I then had to return to the shop as my proof of address and then it took 2 days for the switch.

Lets see over the next few weeks how things go

kevin,
    did you go for the unlimited gprs plan?

Yes, HK$128 for the unlimited plan for 12 months then I think it goes up to $160 or so. Voice was $118 for around 1,200 mins

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast