Unlimited GPRS in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Can't make head or tail of my last post so I guess what I was replying to has been deleted.

Anyway, I've been having fun with Sunday's unlimited gprs plan. I read news web sites, access this forum, check email and run msn messenger when I'm between home and the office and with all that airtime I use on average 1MB/day. I'll keep monitoring it and may downgrade to the 20MB/month plan ... atleast until I get new phone/pda.

[QUOTE=KnowItAll]Have not heard of a problem with Sunday's coverage.

Hello

I will need to change from SUNDAY as theres no network coverage in our house.
    I have to go on the roof or first floor balcony and then its not for definite. it varies but usually not able use mobile in our house.

Should have said where we are - Hong Kong Southside -Chung Hom Kok.
    L

Quote Originally Posted by Louiseamanda:
    I will need to change from SUNDAY as theres no network coverage in our house.
    Check before you change opreator.
    Manual search to check network aviliabity (if you had a foreign SIM -u can log in to check the signal stregth)
    Coverage:900 Mhz better than 1800 Mhz in remote area
    Last edited by humanbeing; 15-11-2005 at 12:43 PM.

I use People's unlimited data and it is really great. I do mostly push email with my exchange server.

Btw, do you know where i can buy a after market blackberry pearl here? I didnt see any at Mongkok

deleteduser

Is the Peoples network an EDGE network? I know PCCW/Sunday uses old GPRS, I was getting about 12 kbps with it for the past year.

I recently switched to CSL which uses EDGE, and get about 30 kbps now. It's not unlimited, but at this speed you'd have to be browsing on the network 24 hours a day to use a ton of data

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Is the Peoples network an EDGE network? I know PCCW/Sunday uses old GPRS, I was getting about 12 kbps with it for the past year.

I recently switched to CSL which uses EDGE, and get about 30 kbps now. It's not unlimited, but at this speed you'd have to be browsing on the network 24 hours a day to use a ton of data
    Yes it is Edge. As far as my experience goes, it is pretty fast and reliable.

Peoples' data network supports EDGE though in some areas reception is patchy and you may fall back to GPRS speeds.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5