I love HK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I love HK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would just like to mention how much I love Hong Kong since I was there 2 weeks ago. Its so clean! (with the exception of some Mong Kok areas). In Tsim Sha Tsui, other regions of Kowloon they are all so bright and clean! I love the sights, the shopping, the transit system and another favourite of mine is the nifty Octopus card. I have been in HK previously and its been nothing like now, the MTR I find interesting as they have now installed glass doors on many stations ( if I remember correctly these stations have glass barriers installed) Tsim Sha Tsui, Jordan, Admiralty, Central, all the Airport Express stations, not too sure about Mong Kok, the entire Tung Chung line, I think Yau Ma Tei has the glass doors installed, I was rather suprised that Causeway Bay dosen't have them, but they are in the process of doing it, I wonder if they're up now.......) Any other stations with those safety barriers?

Wow. I've lived in Hong Kong almost my whole life, and I would consider Hong Kong to be the opposite of clean. The shopping and restaurants are great though.

hey

i love it too!

Clean?
    Where?

My parents live in Heng Fa Chuen (the station before Chai Wan - last stop for HK MTR line). That's perhaps only one of the clean places in HK.

The greatest thing that comes to HK is Octopus.

Causeway Bay station has sooooooo many traffic so it's rather difficult for them to install the glass door.

Hong Kong is relatively clean comparing to most of the cities in China, and South East Asia except Singapore. If you spend a lot of time in China, you would appreciate how clean Hong Kong is, of course, comparatively.

Having been away for about 18 months and just returned, I must say that HK appears cleaner than before. I've even noticed many more hygiene advertisements on the tv, so I guess that's one good thing to come out of sars...

Cheers

It really is amazing how much cleaner the place is after SARS. Now if we could try to clean up the air quality, introduce a few more pedestrian areas. Causeway Bay and Mong Kok have pedestrianised a few streets and it has greatly improved the whole area.

I am pretty sure the $1500 fine has a greater impact than SARS hahah

Haha, yeah you are right, re fine! I love the street poster that has a guy projecting a nice green/brown glob of spit - classic!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast