Booking flights to and through the USA

Closed Thread

Booking flights to and through the USA

Hi, I am looking to book a holiday travelling through a few cities in the USA...

Does anybody know a website I can use for all my flights (i.e. the flight over and the flights from city to city). I dont need acommodation, just need to find a good place to book for flights. Cheers

Last edited by backpacker; 29-07-2009 at 09:41 AM.

expedia's good

travelocity's expensive

if u want real cheap fly to U.S via cathay / whatever

then book via southwest airlines

Northwestern generally has some kind of travel discount to the US, though there's generally a stopover in Tokyo. Their prices within the US can be OK, but generally it's better to go with expedia/travelocity/cheaptickets/priceline/southwestern.

If you're planning to go transpacific on Cathay (or JAL, JAL/AA) then you could get a oneworld Visit North America pass if the cities you want to go to are served by American Airlines. You would need to buy this from a travel agent or direct from Cathay ticketing (it can't be booked on a website).

Ok thanks a lot fo the feedback everyone. I will let you know how I go. Cheers

I second Southwest airlines for internal travel - cheap and cheerful - it seems to work though. It's the only US airline I didn't really hate when I flew with them!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I second Southwest airlines for internal travel - cheap and cheerful - it seems to work though. It's the only US airline I didn't really hate when I flew with them!
    yeah, i think that is the best way to describe them - "cheap and cheerful" check in is easy - online, via a machine at the airport or on the counter. just note that their boarding and seating assigments are not your usual airlines.

you are not assigned a specific seat - first come first serve basis. you are assigned specific boarding groups. so as much as possible check in online early so you get to be assigned on one of the groups to board first.