Any knitters/drinkers out there?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any knitters/drinkers out there?

I know what your thinking, WTF? But back home I was a part of this knitting group that was called Stitch and Bitch (I know, overused name) and we would meet every week at a different bar/pub and chat, drink, and knit. It was a great time and a great way to unwind in the middle of the week. It's a nice change from the traditional knitting groups. If you are interested, I would love to hear from you. All levels of knitters are welcomed, even those who don't knit and want to learn, I'll be more than willing to teach you what I know.

I think there is a group called something similar but they meet in coffee shops not bars. They have a yahoo group. I've never actually been along so not 100% they are still going but if you google you may find them.

Back in the US, I went to a meeting of a similar group and discovered I'm much better at drinking than at knitting, but I'd give it another chance.

is the knitting an excuse to drink or drinking an excuse to knit ... haha

Drinking with knitting needles..

That sounds dangerous!! You could have an eye out with those things!

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I have an upcoming project which involves macreme and crocheting. If either are close to knitting and you can teach me then I'm your man.
    I'll bring my own ball of twine

name suggestion :Kampei Knitterati

Last edited by kombuchakid; 31-07-2009 at 01:21 PM.

I've been to the other group that meet at Pop Bits on Friday and they are nice girls but this group would be a bit different than your typical round about knitters. A little rowdier

Not sure I'd be able to make it on a regular basis but certainly up for joining in when I can make it.

I'd be interested, though I'll be sure to not bring my white yarn. ; )

I'm in! PM me too. Used to go to pub and knit evenings in the uk.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast