Japanese / Koreans in HK?

Closed Thread

Japanese / Koreans in HK?

Would like to know where most Japanese and Koreans are most concentrated in HK. Also would like to know how the local HK folks view Japanese and Koreans.

Thanks

More or less where you'd find any expats, but most of my Japanese friends are either in Hung Hom (Whampoa/LV), Tai Po, or Kowloon Tong.

Quote Originally Posted by sakamuras:
    Would like to know where most Japanese and Koreans are most concentrated in HK. Also would like to know how the local HK folks view Japanese and Koreans.

Thanks
    Tai koo, Whampoa, Tsim Sha Tsui, hung hom. maybe kowloon city, Fortress Hill........

I don't get it, why would you care how we locals see Japanese & Koreans?

In general, HK locals are more open minded in some ways, and Japaneses & Koreans are welcome. Unless you wanna dig up some deeper issues.

Thanks for the input.

Just curious whether old historic biases still prevail in certain regions. Ie. Koreans are not very well received in certain parts of Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by sakamuras:
    Thanks for the input.

Just curious whether old historic biases still prevail in certain regions. Ie. Koreans are not very well received in certain parts of Tokyo.
    In my opinion, as long as u keep it low profile, never bring up ethnical issues in a conversation, adapt to HK major lifestyle, I think HK locals care less about racial groups.

If you can speak Cantonese &/or good English s.t others can understand u, educated locals don't give a dam about your ethnical background.

Don't treat HK as the States. I met a jewish girl today and she's worried she'd be hanging out in a wrong neighborhood. Come on, most places are safe in HK. We don't have Korean gangs or Yakuza in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by arashikage:
    We don't have Korean gangs or Yakuza in HK.
    We have the Triad but you've got to be damn stupid to piss them off.

lol at this mornings news of a HK student being threatened to be taken to China and have his organs sold off to pay his $100,000 gambling debt in Macau.

I'm sure there must be a better link, this misses the details:

http://law.lexisnexis.com/webcenters...-gambling-scam
    Last edited by MrMoo; 04-08-2009 at 09:59 PM.