Levy for Domestic helper ?

Closed Thread

Levy for Domestic helper ?

Hello, we just found a domestic helper we'd like to hire and she got me a contract to fill in today. I was reading it and found about this 'Levy' fee of $9,600 which I have never heard of so I'm a bit confused. It's a mandatory fee for everyone ? She will be our first domestic helper in Hong Kong and she is completing her 4 years contract with her current employer this August. Anyone can advice me on this fee? And, is there any other fees I should be aware of other than this? Your answer will be very helpful.

I think the levy is still currently suspended though I am sure someone else can come up with the exact details.

yes, i think it is still suspended, too...and i hope that they never re-introduce it. it was introduced about 5 or 6 years ago. the money is supposed to be used by the gov't for re-training locals. don't know how much of it actually was....

i'm very happy it's gone for now as we are trying to hire a second helper ourselves.

its suspended until august next year, so you dont need to pay any levy..

Thanks for your answers. It was helpful. Their application form says that we have to pay so it was very confusing.

We just signed a new contract, and the levy info is still on the visa application, just skip that section.

Oh, cool !