PAL to NTSE Converter

Closed Thread

PAL to NTSE Converter

Hi
    Does anybody know wehre I could get a PAL to NTSE converter?

We have a Tv from Canada - and were told that we would be able to operate it in Asia with this converter gadget - but do not knwo where to start looking.

Help
    Gin

I'm not sure you can change from PAL to NTSC, unless the tv has the option already in it's menu options. I don't think you can buy a plug to do that, as far as i know?

A magazine (but suspect it was What Hi-Fi?) used to have adverts in the back pages for PAL to NTSC converters. I would be surprised if Ap Lui Street did NOT have them.

I haven't looked lately but I bought one from SSP a while ago.
    Inline box, Pal in NTSC out.

Golden Computer Centre, downstairs.

where exactly, please?

thank you for the refs.

now we dont know Hk well at all - so where is ap lui street?
    and where is the golden computer centre?

thanks,
    Gin

http://www.geoexpat.com/about-hong-k.../apliu-street/

BUT -- you might find something closer to where you live, if you ask the nearest AV shop.

I still do not think it will work. If you have a Candian TV (which I assume is the same as one from the US), it probably would not receive the HK TV channels (UHF channels 21 - 69). Furthermore the converter (with video in/out connectors) only converts video signal (those from a VHS tape recorder, DVD player etc.) and not the radio frequency (RF) signal off the antenna.

A TV receives signal from the air (RF) [in different frequencies/channels] and decode it in colour [using a PAL or a NTSC decoder] so dealing with the PAL/NTSC issue alone may not help.

Chances are that you have to buy a HK VHS tape recorder or a TV reception box and then put the PAL to NTSC box in between the video signal of the recorder/reception box and your TV, and then use your recorder/reception box as the tuner.

Would be interested to see how it would be sorted.

thanks all

thanks for the location.
    hope this works.