Even George Bush has to ask...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Also, you don't know if she is white, hispanic, asian or otherwise. AND you don't know what race of people she is working with. You just assumed that she was white and she was working with blacks. That is a fairly big assumption to make when calling someone racist. Kind of ignorant it itself...

c

>> When you don't have money can you afford to leave? Implied racism.

Absolutely not.

Silly attempt at a windup.

Every single day we've heard incredible stories of courage and sacrifice -- people picking up their lives, helping others.

You have to wonder what sort of entitlement exists in people who do not want to move back until everything is fixed by others. I'm sure the ethnicity of the people who have that sense of entitlement is evenly spread.. just because you're black or latino does not mean you cant be a lazy redneck (atleast in my book).

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> When you don't have money can you afford to leave? Implied racism.

Absolutely not.

Silly attempt at a windup.

Every single day we've heard incredible stories of courage and sacrifice -- people picking up their lives, helping others.

You have to wonder what sort of entitlement exists in people who do not want to move back until everything is fixed by others. I'm sure the ethnicity of the people who have that sense of entitlement is evenly spread.. just because you're black or latino does not mean you cant be a lazy redneck (atleast in my book).
    And because you have nothing, you can't afford a car, or gas. Windups don't interest me. Southern racism in rural Louisiana and New Orleans is fact, as is poverty. Of course you can be lazy and of any skin color. But the below link is an accurate portrayal of the aforementioned generalization provided by the media.

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Blogs_..._cap_0902.html

In addition to the stories of courage, we have heard of an American government who initially allowed this to happen by ignoring the inevitable danger that was known to come in the future. We've also heard stories of incredible incompetence on the part of an American government (through FEMA) who simply did not care about those who were left behind. Who happened to be poor and black.

To overlook the racism in this incident is a naive notion that is ignorant of the reality of the American political landscape. George Bush (um, a dumb, rich, white guy from Texas who inherited his position without merit) is much more in line with a sense of entitlement than any poor black southerner who has nothing and never will...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcheese321:
    Also, you don't know if she is white, hispanic, asian or otherwise. AND you don't know what race of people she is working with. You just assumed that she was white and she was working with blacks. That is a fairly big assumption to make when calling someone racist. Kind of ignorant it itself...

c
    Um, New Orleans was 70% black. A logical assumption to make...

Isn't that an hyprocritial statement? How can you blast Kim for making her comment and then make a comment condemming an entire type of people?

I myself am from Texas and take great offense to that.

c

Sorry, my bad. There are cool people in Texas too. Austin is an island of humanity. George Bush, Tom Delay and the rest give you a bad name...

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlynkeith:
    The whole thing is frustrating because so many of the evacuees can't grasp that they aren't going back to Nola anytime soon. They just want to sit and not do anything until Nola is functional again.

Kimberly
    Jesus, New Orleans is a toxic wasteland, much of which is still flooded. Not a place I would want to return to at the moment. Amazing comment, the more I re-read it...

methinks it's time for KIA to put a cute little padlock on here...

this is going a little astray

these are big issues, and not really the things u need to discuss with people you dont know in an open forum, or with people who cant see where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by punk:
    Um, New Orleans was 70% black. A logical assumption to make...
    According to the latest census data, which I know isn't that accurate, but a fairly good baseline. Put NOLA at 57% white and 37% black...

Quote Originally Posted by punk:
    Sorry, my bad. There are cool people in Texas too. Austin is an island of humanity. George Bush, Tom Delay and the rest give you a bad name...
    I'm from Austin (it is where I call home now, I'm originally from Houston). It really is a great city to live in - probably one of the most unique cities in Texas.

c

I'm from Austin (it is where I call home now, I'm originally from Houston). It really is a great city to live in - probably one of the most unique cities in Texas.

c
    As I said, my apologies to you mr. cheese, as i know you are a good human...