Doctor's in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Icair

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Call 1081 and get his number. His new clinic is in Princes Building.

I know his clinic is right next to ICAIR associates ... call them.
    Hi - Although I don't live in HK, I was recommended the ICAIR clinic in HK as a good place to go for LASIK or other eye-surgery. I live in Nanjing, PRC, and was going to go down and pay them a visit next time I was in Hong Kong. A while back I used to be able to get access to their website but now it appears that the website is either 'closed' or is blocked in China (not unusual).

Is the ICAIR clinic still there and does anyone know if they are any good?

Cheers.

>> Is the ICAIR clinic still there and does anyone know if they are any good?

Still around -- and good and expensive.

Thank you for the quick reply. When has anything in HK ever been cheap though

NJKnight: Things were cheap once upon a time, when I was a kid growing up there ;-P

Who is the best GP on HK island side ?

KIA, do you know if they have walk-in-clinics here, as they do in North America? And what are fees like if you don't have medical insurance?

I think you can pretty much walk in to the hospitals can't you? You would have to wait a while though, but not too expensive.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

You'll have to be a resident with a valid HKID card to avail of the outpatient facilities at most government-funded hospitals.

Other than that, there are the clinics run by the Jockey Club with are located all over HK. I'll see if I can dig out the info and post it here.....

Optician

I'm looking for an optician and I saw you recommended Dr.Robinson at ICAIR clinic. The link that you attached did not work fo me. Could you kindly tel me how to contact Dr.Robinson and the address of ICAIR clinic? I need to follow up my eye test (eye dry/contact lense user). How much does it usually cost for eye test? I need to get an idea. I won't hold you to it, promise.
    Many thanks in advance.