Old Master Q

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    And I like the one you get in UK/Aus/NZ which is about the British Banker clive (I forget what it's called).
    Er, it's actually about Alex (and that's what it's called). Clive is his sidekick.

Garfield doesn't do much for me, but some Dilberts are absolutely brilliant for those of us who work, or worked, in a corporate environment.
    Last edited by PDLM; 12-08-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    And I like the one you get in UK/Aus/NZ which is about the British Banker clive (I forget what it's called). That's hilarious. Dilbert is pretty good too.

But I HATE Doonsbury - what on earth is it about? Never makes any sense to me at all!
    That would be Alex (oops, FOTH beat me to it).

Oh, and have to disagree with MI07 on this occasion: Doonesbury is genius and pretty much the only intelligent strip around IMNSHO - rarely miss it.

Not funny but we all read OMQ so it must be doing its job.

Same reason I read Nury Vittachi's column every day, I suppose. (Come back from holiday Nury! Fill my empty life with your basic humour!)

It beats reading about whatever unsafe tree/compensated dating/minibonds scandal is rocking HK every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by beadies:
    minibonds scandal is rocking HK every other day.
    While we're on that subject I must say that I admire the persistence of the people with the banners and the slogans outside the Citibank offices in Central. If only they had devoted 1% of the time they now spend protesting to actually reading the prospectuses of what they bought they wouldn't be in the mess they are in!

Lily Wong used to be good. It's a shame we don't have that any more.

I feel the same way about Doonesbury. I read it, but just don't get it. It's not funny and it's not profound. What's the point of it?

Last edited by Katiedot; 13-08-2009 at 12:56 AM.

You need to have been following it for 20 years, and have an understanding of domestic US politics. Why they print it here I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    You need to have been following it for 20 years, and have an understanding of domestic US politics. Why they print it here I don't know.
    They print it for me. I have, and I have.

i watched the cartoon version of Old Master Q and thought it was funny, but that was when i was about 10.

however, when i got the actual movie with Cecilia Cheung and Nicholas Tse, it was crap

Whats this..

No mention of the classic Farmer Giles cartoons???

Oh..That'lll be because we're not in Norfolk anymore! Dang it!

Farmer Giles cartoons were very funny!