Old Master Q

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Katiedot:
    I feel the same way about Doonesbury. I read it, but just don't get it. It's not funny and it's not profound. What's the point of it?
    It is a bit like the Daily Show with Jon Stewart - many people do not get it, but the ones of us who do find it almost addictive

Quote Originally Posted by beachball:
    It is a bit like the Daily Show with Jon Stewart - many people do not get it, but the ones of us who do find it almost addictive
    What? People don't get Jon Stewart? Surely you jest.....

Ironically, this morning's Doonesbury almost - almost - raised a twitch of a smile. I know the hoo-ha with trying to prove Obama can't qualify for president and the demands to see his birth certificate. But I still don't see why the cartoon is actually funny.

You're right. It isn't. They should replace it with Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    YEAH! That would go down really well in HK with all the investment bankers too ... I think Alex is one of the best strips around.

Unless my memory is playing tricks with me The Standard used to carry Alex but replaced it with Old Master Q.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    The Standard used to have Alex (and for some bankers that was the only reason to 'read' this publication), but obviously not any longer.
    Alex can be good fun, but is clearly not in the same class as Doonesbury - more of a guilty pleasure (sort of like a greasy burger compared to a good steak )
    Last edited by beachball; 13-08-2009 at 07:01 PM.