Damaged Library book

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by emmie:

I wince at the state of the well-fingered ones stashed in libraries, public and schools - and lament neglect of their ailing spines, dog-ears, dotty doodling & all.
    Some of the books are so bad in the kids section, users even write chinese characters in them to learn English and the pop up books shouldn't even exist in a library !

The weirdest thing about it is that the other 2 books in the bag are fine :S

KK -- all these shenanigans for a book less than $100?

London2HK - Just pay the damn fine will you? Even if you value your time at HK$ 50 / hour, the amount of time spent on looking at ways to beat the system would mean that you'd be down about a $100 or so BEFORE you deal with the system.

AND .... is this what we need to be teaching kids?

Sorry.. but I get pissed off when people jump through hoops for what is essentially a couple of hundred dollars fine.

I really doubt London2HK has spent more than 10 mins posting on here and quickly checking Amazon.

London2HK - If it makes you feel less guilty, check this out - Library book returned 70 years late - , - Odd news stories, updates & weather - MSN News UK

I wonder if she had to pay the fine :O

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    KK -- all these shenanigans for a book less than $100?
    I actually found a book on a park bench which prompted the cautionary tale,but did you know that the Library is sitting on unpaid fines of twenty million plus?
    The OP could just not borrow on that card ever again and there is not a thing the Library could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    London2HK - Just pay the damn fine will you? Even if you value your time at HK$ 50 / hour, the amount of time spent on looking at ways to beat the system would mean that you'd be down about a $100 or so BEFORE you deal with the system.

AND .... is this what we need to be teaching kids?

Sorry.. but I get pissed off when people jump through hoops for what is essentially a couple of hundred dollars fine.
    Yup agreed.

London2HK

Either go to the darn library and return it and apologise and suck up any fees they charge since its your fault the book was damaged.

Or

Buy some more stuff from Amazon to make the Postage more pallatable, Buy some more 1p books then donate them to the Library or a charity and have a nice warm fuzzy glow inside afterwards.

Job done.