seamstress or sewing classes???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

seamstress or sewing classes???

HI ALL!

can anyone tell me where i can find a good and cheap seamstress or somewhere i can take sewing classes? (or even better- a seamstress who can teach me how to sew)
    thanks!

Fashion course at Y

Hi
    Not sure if you got your seamstress - would love to hear - but I just saw your thread.

There's a course starting at the YMCA hopefully this week. It's been postponed and they've said they'll put it together next week if we have enough people. It's just for a small group of people - 5 - and details are below. We've got almost enough - maybe one or two short. Below is an earlier copy of an email which gives some details. The cost is around $2700 now but goes down significantly with each new student.

If you're interested, please join us.

Dear Ladies

We are considering the following arrangement for the Fashion Design course:

Time: 7:45 - 9:45 pm

Mon 4th and Thu 7th Sept; Mon 11 and Th 14 Sept; Mon 18 and Thu 21 Sept;
    Mon 25 and Thu 28th Sept;
    Mon 9 and Th 12th October. (no class the week of the pulic holidays, i.e.
    1st week in October).

Would this suit you? .Would Tue/Fri be better for anyone?

Our aim is to finish the course in October rather than take 2.5 months,
    hence two lessons a week.

The course conents being considered is:

1) Fundamentals Concepts of Fashion Design

2) Fashion Illustration

3) Study of Garment Construction

4) Introduction fo Textile Materials

Please let me know if there are other specific topics you would like
    included.

Also please inform me whether the proposed schedule suits you, if not what
    your suggestion is. Once I have everyone's feedback I will finalize
    everything with the instructor.

If we get 5 or more people the cost will be $2120, this will not include any
    materials used in the class. Details of the latter will be given later. If
    there are less than five the fee will be more.

Any questions, feel free to call me on 2268 7096.

Best Regards
    Moira

What if we hired a local and shared the expense and sewing location for her to teach and do alterations? I have a huge space. I bought a singer machine 5 years ago and never learned to use it.

sewing classes

hi girls,
    the classes sound great, (as well as the seamstress idea) but i am afraid that i am refrained from taking anymore classes in hong kong until after christmas (i just finished a very pricey feng shui course...) if the classes are offered after Jan again, pls keep me informed...
    thanks!!!

Smile Fashion Course at the Y

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    What if we hired a local and shared the expense and sewing location for her to teach and do alterations? I have a huge space. I bought a singer machine 5 years ago and never learned to use it.

I'm afraid this course has taken MONTHS to get together so I really have to try and see it through. It looks like it's going to go ahead, starting probably in two weeks. At the moment it's $2700 each for 4 students but that goes down quite significantly with each additional student. I think its a bargain!

Feng Shui woman - Tell your partner this is the only time that you can do the course for quite a while and you're bound to meet some fabulous people there that will add to their social circle! Really hope you can join us.

Thumbs up RE: Course

Quote Originally Posted by alexis:
    I'm afraid this course has taken MONTHS to get together so I really have to try and see it through. It looks like it's going to go ahead, starting probably in two weeks. At the moment it's $2700 each for 4 students but that goes down quite significantly with each additional student. I think its a bargain!

Feng Shui woman - Tell your partner this is the only time that you can do the course for quite a while and you're bound to meet some fabulous people there that will add to their social circle! Really hope you can join us.
    Hi Alexis,

Rcv'd your private email and I am very interested with the course. Kindly let me know...I might have another person who is interested but she will be on leave starting next week for three weeks.

Anyway, let us know the exact, date, time, amount, and what we need to bring with us and what are included.

Thank you very much for informing me and looking forward to the course.

Regards,

Mary Ann

Hi!

Hello!!I just got to read your thread today............Have you already started the fashion designing course in ywca coz i am really interested to join.........
    thanks
    meg2

Quote Originally Posted by alexis:

Fashion Course at Y

Hi Megs2

The course hasn't started yet. It's due to start either Monday 18 or 25th. I'm waiting on the course coordinator confirming the days and times but they will be similar, although I know a few of the girls said they wouldn't mind starting earlier in the evening. I went down and registered and left a cheque yesterday, as have a few of the girls. If you're interested, give the YMCA at TST a call or email but prob best to call to get the information asap.

Contact details are as follows:
    EHC 31601 Fashion Design
    Time: Evening (TBA)
    RM 305
    10 sessions

[email protected]

Really hope you can join us.

Last edited by alexis; 13-09-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Fashion Course at Y

Hi Megs2

The course hasn't started yet. It's due to start either Monday 18 or 25th. I'm waiting on the course coordinator confirming the days and times but they will be similar, although I know a few of the girls said they wouldn't mind starting earlier in the evening. I went down and registered and left a cheque yesterday, as have a few of the girls. If you're interested, give the YMCA at TST a call or email but prob best to call to get the information asap.

Contact details are as follows:
    EHC 31601 Fashion Design
    Time: Evening (TBA)
    RM 305
    10 sessions

[email protected]

Really hope you can join us.

I am hoping one of you can tell me how to adjust the tension on my Singer sewing machine? I think that's what it's called when the thread is too tight and it bunches up while stitching. My instructions did not come in English when I bought the machine in Yue Wah abt 5 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast