Does anyone's hair get all sticky after washing their hair with Hong Kong water?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlemon:
    I'm actually Asian and I'm using Pantene. I've been using Pantene in Canada for years. Not sure if the Pantene is the same here but my hair is super sticky and oily looking the second I dried it. It was ok for a few days but now no matter how many times I wash it, it's still all sticky immediately.

What shampoo did you switch to?
    Pantene here is different--I use the local kind without conditioner and IMO it is the BEST shampoo for my hair. Then again, I keep it buzzed down to about 1/2 an inch. lol

to be perfectly honest, i'm partial to 2 kinds of shampoo. one is not available here, and everyone that visits brings me litres of it from the real canadian superstore (god, how i miss that place!)

i use Aussie Mega or Moist. i also have found that CITISTORE carries FREEMAN products, so i often buy 3 or 4 bottles at a time from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Pantene here is different--I use the local kind without conditioner and IMO it is the BEST shampoo for my hair. Then again, I keep it buzzed down to about 1/2 an inch. lol
    My hair is like 3 feet long, but only the top part gets all sticky and disgusting. I was wondering if my scalp is not used to the water (or shampoo) and is making the top of my hair all oily and sticky. This is killing me..I just ran downstairs and bought some other shampoo, no use. I even tried using my body wash on my hair, still so sticky. I've washed my hair at least 7 times today. I tried rinsing it with just water, still.... It's disgusting!

It happened to me once before when I went go Guangzhou. After a few days my hair stopped getting sticky. But this time the sticky area is a lot bigger and it's unbearable..... Help me!

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlemon:
    I've washed my hair at least 7 times today.... Help me!
    Reading this in conjunction with your previous posts (*) I think the only person who can help you is a psychiatrist frankly. My guess is that you've got a stress-induced disorder which is causing your scalp to sweat, hence the stickiness.

(*) Summary for newcomers: 25/F HK-born but Canadian raised female. Never been out alone, no social skills, seriously stressed about being "hit upon" by boys, never been kissed never mind shagged, never been drunk, and in need of a major dose of growing up.
    Last edited by PDLM; 16-08-2009 at 07:38 PM.

OK right - hair is dead innit - once it comes out of them little holes yeah? And if you've washed your hair 7 times in a day - apart from suffering OCD I'm guessing the 'top of your hair' can't have had chance to get oily from the number of follicles that you have which pretty much constant unless you are suffering hair loss (how the phuq do I know all this - ah yes I used to listen to my sister on the phone to her mates).
    So the gunk in your hair is most likely the shampoo. So unless you are going to start washing with IPA (isopropyl alcohol - which might be fun with a few scented candles burning nearby) - find some shampoo designed not to leave your hair coated in crap.

..or decapitate yourself - whichever is easier.

I'd say you have over-washed it and inflamed the oil glands so that they are now pumping out oil like crazy and that's what you are experiencing - would explain why only the area near the scalp is being affected. If it were water or shampoo, the whole hair would be. Chill out. Tie it up. Leave it A COUPLE OF DAYS before the next wash. Then see how you feel.

If her head was pumping out that much oil Exxon would have started drilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    If her head was pumping out that much oil Exxon would have started drilling.
    Do you have any experience of long hair? If not, I suggest you keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.

I've had mine shoulder length or well below for 40+ years - you really can irritate the scalp to such a degree that it pumps out oil, particularly with extensive and/or harsh washing or a humid climate ... so both together sounds highly plausible.

Kin 'ell - I had long hair from the ages of 16 t' 28, dyed it, crimped it, back combed it, shaved the sides, grew it out, chopped it and generally looked like a f' evil clown for a good number of years.

You will notice that many people have hair and thus are entitled to an opinion at least as meritous as yours.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast