want boat

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

want boat

i want to buy boat around 35,000-40,000 HK i can afford it can be 18ft-25ft size i know on ebay motors easily can buy but that's in USA only... what should i do ..do any one know any used boat sale yard.. i am so tired of searching online and what i find is big boats for sale and they cost Millions in hk i don't want to have big boat nor new models late 80s-90s or up to 2000 year models are ok with me...can anyone please help me with this all thank you...
    i can post an excample

http://www.floridasportsman.com/xtra/yamaha-010.JPG

Try Asia Yacht Services Asia Yacht Services Limited the Gold Coast Marina in Hong Kong

There are others, but living in the GC this is our 'local'.

Lots of boats like this around - some of the places to check:

• on the notice boards of the various yacht clubs
    • the dealers next/to around ABC/AMC, close to HHYC, and at Gold Coast
    • the dealers who put the classifieds that you have seen (contact them - most will also broker smaller boats but it does not make sense to take out expensive advertisements for them)
    • this site plus other expat and classified sites for Hong Kong

Also, have you considered all the implications of owning such a boat, e.g., the fact that you need to be licensed, where to keep/store the boat, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by beachball:
    Lots of boats like this around - some of the places to check:
    • on the notice boards of the various yacht clubs
    • the dealers next/to around ABC/AMC, close to HHYC, and at Gold Coast
    • the dealers who put the classifieds that you have seen (contact them - most will also broker smaller boats but it does not make sense to take out expensive advertisements for them)
    • this site plus other expat and classified sites for Hong Kong

Also, have you considered all the implications of owning such a boat, e.g., the fact that you need to be licensed, where to keep/store the boat, etc?

Storage in a dry dock costs you at least HK$ 2200 (in Aberdeen) per month. Sai Kung might be more expensive, I dont know.

i have been to YACHT club website can't see anyone selling used boats..
    i have no idea where to park boat after buying...any idea how much is parking and where i can park..?? i can get license i know agency can teach and i can get license in 6,000 HK but before i get my license i want to be sure if i can buy boat whihc i like in 35,000-40,000

do anyone know any website chinese or english any language but selling boats size 18ft-25th around 35,000-40,000

Parking: See my post above, not a big issue. Most of the second hand boats on the market are NOT listed on any websites. Take a taxi to the Aberdeen Boat Club, then walk along the street (direction of Ocean Park). Plenty of shipyards there, many with dry-dock facilities. Just ask them and they will be happy to sell you a boat.

However, for 40k it will be rather difficult to find a decent speedboat. It's more likely to cost you 60-80k.... Happy hunting!

thank you so much do you know the street name..??

Shum Wan Road.

Google gives you a quite clear impression:
    Aberdeen Boat Club Hong Kong - Google Maps

thanx a lot...if anyone want to sell their 18ft-25ft boat please contact me i want to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Angeal:
    i have been to YACHT club website can't see anyone selling used boats..
    That is why I said to look at the notice boards, not the web-sites...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast