Cheap calls to the UK

Closed Thread

Cheap calls to the UK

Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend a service/phone card for making cheap international calls? Having a good line without a delay is essential! I've tried a Talk Talk card but wasn't happy because a) there was a delay and b) there are so many numbers to key in and menus to select from before you connect.

Many thanks for tips!
    Sarah

How much is considered cheap? I got a bog standard smartone PAYG sim when I first got here, and that was only 0.5HKD a minute back to the UK...

I use IDT1529 - see here IDT Asia - Hong Kong - Personal & Home IDD Services - IDD Service Details but you do have to set it up, might not be instantaneous.

If you're calling a landline, use Skype, it's really easy and cheap. That's if you can do it from your computer or if you have a Skype mobile phone.

voipbuster.com

try voipbuster.com. it is only one cent a minute, the cheapest one. all the best

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful

You might have your answer already.. but just incase

PCCW do a Pre-pay sim card that costs $68ish and can call the UK for 0.25c a minute.

I use it and it works a treat. you just dial 0060 at the biginning of the number.

Hope you found what you're looking for

see this thread, where I looked at all possible options I could think of:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread48859.html

You may also want to have a look at the HGC 0088 IDD unlimited plan option. HK$56 a month unlimited calling to certain countries (including UK landlines):

https://online.hgc.com.hk/0088/index_en.html

Last edited by pin; 19-08-2009 at 10:19 AM.