Chinese Swear Words

Closed Thread

Chinese Swear Words

Ok folks ..here's an odd request. One of my African American customers Stateside has ordered a few containers of Tshirts but he wants us to print Cantonese Swear Words on them in Chinese Characters. Does anyone have any idea where on the net I can find this.
    I have tried asking the Chinese people I know and they are too embarassed to write these down for me.

If anyone has a web link please post it here or PM me. Moderators please delete this post if inappropriate. I am totally stumped and this is the only place someone might be able to help me

Thanks
    Jared

Do we not have sufficient profanity on tv, movies and music that we now need visual assualt on tshirts worn by others as well?

Do some people actually think wearing t-shirts with rude words printed on them makes them 'cool'?

Caroline
    Oddly this seems to be getting popular with some segment of the US population. I have an order and hence I need to fulfill it.

Jared

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Yo *U**E* *U**E*

So tell me do you need Simplfied or Tradtional text, and of course how much silver per character you are prepared to part with

JaredHK, i can surely help you with this. But do you want HK swear words? The HK one might not be applicable to other parts of china. Every part of china invent their own unique swear words. The most commonly used HK swear words are also not available in the computer chinese-traditional Big5 encoding.

Travie
    Thanks. The Chinese ones are ok. I just need the characters.

regards,
    Jared

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Well I was thinking more in terms of getting a famous roadside artist to wield his brush -but if you just need characters and not calligraphy then why not just use the mast head of a chinese newspaper or magazine-After all if you cant read , who is to know.

Not sure if this is any help, but there's a very amusing website that documents misuses of Chinese characters on T-shirts etc., as well as funny (and obscene) phrases tattooed by unscrupulous artists on unsuspecting foreigners in Shenzhen.

http://www.hanzismatter.com/

A comprehensive page on the use of profanities in Hong Kong. http://hk.geocities.com/xcantonese/

If you are looking for English comparisons, click on chapter 11.

Enjoy. There's a whole world of vulgarianisms in there.

to quote jay and silent bob strike back (Jules Eisner i think): "expletive deleted, expletive deleted".

and the link was cool, but ya gotta read hanzi to figure it out.