Did you see a snake on Lama Island on Friday night (21/8/2009)?help us if you did.

Closed Thread

Did you see a snake on Lama Island on Friday night (21/8/2009)?help us if you did.

We need your help!!
    Did you see a snake when driving on the path near Kin Hing Tofu Dessert on Lama Island on Friday night (21/8/2009)? Help us please if you did.
    My boyfriend was bitten by a snake on that day about 8:15pm on that path(Yung Shue Wan). Now he is still in the hospital. The medical treat is difficult since we can not recognize what snake was it. After bitten by the snake, a gentleman drove on the path and saw the snake, and told us to stay away(in English), and kick the snake away. Call me and tell me about the snake if you did saw the snake, please!! Mobile no: 67050098(Iris)
    We need your help!! Thank you!!
    Spread this massage if you can. Thank you!!

Maybe if you can describe it, it might give some here a better idea of what it might be. Don't the hospital have an idea of what the snakes on Lamma Island might be?

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread20871.html

More on HK snakes...

Last edited by Football16; 23-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.

I'm pretty sure the hospital will have been through picture cards with the bitee trying to identify it.

Help from Lamma.com.hk

Hello Iris,

Very sorry to hear about your boyfriend's mishap as snake bites are extremely rare on Lamma; this is the first one I've heard about in several years. I've put your message onto my Lamma residents/visitors community website, Lamma.com.hk:

My Lamma Forums - View topic - Snake bite near tofu stall to Hung Shing Yeh?

Let's hope you'll get a reply ASAP!

A guy living nearby the place where the snake bite happened has just replied that "I know a cobra was sighted about month ago near there, but who knows."

A cobra would be my own guess as well, as there are quite a few of them around, seen not infrequently, but they usually restrict themselves to smaller creatures like rats. By far the most common snakes on Lamma are rat snakes, but they're usually pretty harmless, as long as you don't step on them.

From the bite marks and fangs of the snake the doctor can probably identify which species is it? They should know coz they are probably have a curriculum in their medical degree in some first aid courses.

Anyhow, you can probably check the wound and send the pics here probably i can find out for you which snake was it??? Though many people can give you more advise if they know from the marks itself.

cheers and hope your boyfriend is recovering well,
    Jacky