Background check - financial services

Closed Thread

Background check - financial services

Can anyone vouch for the service quality and reliability of Zetland Financial Group in Hong Kong?
    I see that their overseas company, Pacific Continental Securities, in London and elsewhere, is getting a lot of bad press, especially in the UK, mainly for promoting small-cap US over-the-counter stock that in most cases saw catastrophic performance.

Pacific Continental Securities

Stay away from anything to do with Pacific Continental Securities. You have been warned.

Have a look at www.offshore2online.com you have a choice there and can compare, ask advice etc.

Thanks for the replies so far.
    Many “ex-pats” are rooted out for exploitation by the so-called “boiler rooms” that have been and still are operating in various countries around the world.
    While doing a bit of DD on Zetland, I noticed a warning on the Spanish site:
    http://www.cnmv.es/index_n.htm?/Adve...sp~/vacio.html
    Page 3, English version pdf:
    Pacific Continental Securities European Administration SL, B-92037316, Showing James C. Sutherland as a related person (principal responsible), and Dolok Permai/International Asset/IAM/Pacific as related companies.
    Dolok Permai/IAM are well-known as boiler rooms ( see http://www.asic.gov.au/fido/fido.nsf...a?opendocument)
    The Zetland web site shows James C. Sutherland as a director, but I can find no reference to Pacific there. The Pacific web site, however, at www.pacconsec.com USED to include the following in their company profile section, after the sentence Assistance in raising venture capital on behalf of corporations:
    ‘The Pacific Continental Group of companies are wholly owned by Zetland Financial Group. Zetland is a Hong Kong based private company founded in 1987, with an excellent reputation and extensive business contacts in mainland China and other parts of the Pacific Basin. Zetland Group companies are regulated in Hong Kong and Switzerland, Germany and the UK”.

For more details please visit the Zetland website:
    This is still accessible using web archive sites. However the latest Pacific web site has had this apparently deleted.

I wonder why. Did Zetland sell Pacific?
    Oh, tonyaki, you seem to know more about this judging from your warning. Would appreciate anything you had, by email. Thanks.