official translation of French drivers license ??

Closed Thread

official translation of French drivers license ??

According to the HK Transport Department, to get my license here, I need: An officially certified translation of your overseas driving licence if it is in a language other than English or Chinese

Does anyone know where I can get a translation of my French License?

Thanks,

French embassy????????

Or translate it yourself and get it certified by your Consulate. I have done that with all the documentation I needed for the Immigration Department as well as for the Marriage Registry.

Hi Powderfinger, just wondering if you found the certified translator? Can you please give me the information? I am looking for one to translate my marriage license from French to English/ Chinese.

Hi Elle, you have mentioned that you could translated the documents yourself above and got certified by your Consulate, I am wondering about the process? I got married in Switzerland and I added my husband name to my last name. My marriage license is in French/ Italian/ German, I need it to be translated in English/ Chinese for the HK government when I renew my HK id and passport to add my husband name to it. Let's say if I translate the marriage license to English, which Consulate should I go? I mean if I go to the Swiss one (English is not their official language), they can't prove if I translate the information correctly. Can you please advise? Many Thanks!!

You have to bring thw original document and your translation - they will compare it and stamp/chop and sign it when they are happy with it. Of course you should go to your (Swiss) consulate. I don't understand why you think they can't verify/prove that your translation is correct...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Frankly I would be absolutely astonished if the Swiss Consulate doesn't already have a standard English translation of their marriage certificate - it's a standard form document so it's daft to keep translating it time after time.

Elle, I thought you were talking about the Consulate in your own country not the one that is located overseas. I mean if I bring the translated marriage license (from French to English) to the local Swiss Consulate in Switzerland, I am not sure if they can verify it for me since their offical lanaguages are French/ German/ Italian/ Romansh. If I bring it to the one in Hong Kong, of course I can find someone to prove read it. Thanks!

PDLM, I will check with the local Swiss Consulate to see whether they have a standardized copy of the marriage license in english that I can use. Thanks.