Like Tree72Likes

noisy neighbours - what options?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    retribution is always sweet, invest in a quality yet pwerfull hi fi, play thrash metal/nu metal or obscure experimental normally does the trick!!
    Unfortunately the OP will be making more enemies by doing that.

I would avoid confrontation because these do not sound like people who can be reasoned with. Who the heck plays football at home anyway?

Best thing would be to take a copy of the regulation down to the management's office and remind them of their obligations. I agree that high-quality recordings presented to the police will make a compelling case.

Hey squid, be sure to let us know how it goes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 09-09-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker:
    Who the heck plays football at home anyway?
    You're new here aren't you? Most of the apartments I've lived in here have had a kid upstairs who bounces a ball round, or the rolling marbles noise, or both. That seems to be just the way it is.

One also had someone who practised the piano every weekend. Fortunately s/he was good enough for this to be not too unpleasant.
    Last edited by PDLM; 09-09-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Ah but you're talking about kids.

We're talking about mature (or not so much so) grown-ups.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You're new here aren't you? Most of the apartments I've lived in here have had a kid upstairs who bounces a ball round, or the rolling marbles noise, or both. That seems to be just the way it is.
    Yup I have the exact same issue with my neighbours upstairs who enjoys playing the piano albeit badly from 9 p.m till 11 p.m at night.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup I have the exact same issue with my neighbours upstairs who enjoys playing the piano albeit badly from 9 p.m till 11 p.m at night.
    Used to have a DH above us who thought midnight was a good time to move and clean all the furniture. Might have been acting under orders, though, rather than some bizarre midnight cleaning ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:

One also had someone who practised the piano every weekend. Fortunately s/he was good enough for this to be not too unpleasant.
    Used to live next to a little girl who was learning the violin. Unfortunately, she wasn't very good. Worse, she was the landlord's daughter.

Yes, we moved.

The answer to noise is always moving, but sadly moving is far from foolproof. Get a top-floor apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    The answer to noise is always moving, but sadly moving is far from foolproof. Get a top-floor apartment?
    You've stumbled on our solution. Now we can only be the annoyers, not the annoyees.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    If I could introduce one law in HK it would be banning pianos in flats.

Have to admit but our kids bounce balls, but not for long and at reasonable hours. Our bedtime is hours before the normal here it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    If I could introduce one law in HK it would be banning pianos in flats.

Have to admit but our kids bounce balls, but not for long and at reasonable hours. Our bedtime is hours before the normal here it seems.
    Ha! Ha! Of course you know that won't happen in a million years.

From experience, noise related activities are supposed to stop during the hours 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (I think)

I was robbing some friends at MJ when the dibblons told us to stop at 11:30 p.m. saying they had received a noise complaint at 11:00 p.m. Not sure if those times is a tacit or some kind of regulation, but gave me the perfect excuse to cut and run with a few k of winnings..
    Last edited by ray98; 09-09-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    You've stumbled on our solution. Now we can only be the annoyers, not the annoyees.
    Ha ha I so agree.. The top floor, or an entire village house, are the only way to fly, if you want peace and quiet.

Double glazing all of the windows and patio doors, also makes an amazing difference too... What barking dog ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast