Best places to view Oct 1st fireworks?

Closed Thread

Best places to view Oct 1st fireworks?

Looking to view the October 1st fireworks. Do you know if:

A) Are there private parties at rooftop bars that would be a good place to view the fireworks?

B) How about getting in on a chartered boat trip? Any good leads?

C) If we wanted to go the DIY route and not go to super crowded places where would a good place be to view the fireworks?

Thanks!

Viceroy, Sun Hung Kai bldg, Wanchai ( if you like Indian buffet)

C = If you have a car, drive up to Fei Ngo Shan and the view from their if its not cloudy is great. you will see the whole of kowloon pensiula and HK island. When the old airport was their it was even better. Their is a pagoda at the top where u can have a small evening picnic and watch the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by chandan:
    Viceroy, Sun Hung Kai bldg, Wanchai ( if you like Indian buffet)
    I was thinking more like Wooloomooloo in Wanchai (rooftop bar is awesome) but I am sure it will be packed

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    C = If you have a car, drive up to Fei Ngo Shan and the view from their if its not cloudy is great. you will see the whole of kowloon pensiula and HK island. When the old airport was their it was even better. Their is a pagoda at the top where u can have a small evening picnic and watch the fireworks.
    Well it will be for a small group so it might be hard getting everyone up there since we max have 1 car. Fei Ngo Shan is also a little further than I would like. Any other picnic spots you can think of?

you could try the BBQ area in Lung Fu Shan Country Park (near Pinewood Battery) behind HKU...not sure how great the view would be tho...

there's also a small bar on top of Pier 3 (Discovery Bay) in front of IFC...