wrinkles

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by redestiny:
    I haven't had any issues, and I use a regular philips steam iron.
    Hmmmmm. -ok, thanks for the tip, I'll try it first on an old white that I am not too bothered about writing off

ive never heard of ironing while wet. ill give it a shot and see if it works. do i use any normal iron? do i need a special cover for it or the board?

No, I just use the same ironing board and iron I always have. Never had any discolouration. Ironing them wet just stops any creases from drying in.

Had a go last night, and redestiny, you're right, it's a pain. I think i will just live with the creases and blame the humidity!

I thought the purpose of the suit jacket was to cover the wrinkly shirt? And for really uptight occasions, your tie finishes off the camouflage. Any time I don't need to wear a suit or a tie, I assume wrinkles are expected.

Quote Originally Posted by TS888:
    I thought the purpose of the suit jacket was to cover the wrinkly shirt? And for really uptight occasions, your tie finishes off the camouflage. Any time I don't need to wear a suit or a tie, I assume wrinkles are expected.
    well...i rarely need to wear a suit or tie. but yes thats the most critical time to look good w/out wrinkles.

however i dont like walking around every day looking like a bum who cant iron his shirts or just crawled out of bed. a few wrinkles are ok, but im saying my shirts in HK seems to wrinkle at the slightest movement, before i even leave my flat.