wrinkles

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wrinkles

on clothes not skin...
    i don't remember having this issue back in states, but now I can not for the life of me fix it.

regardless of whether I buy button shirts from h&m, esprit, zara, Ted baker, etc... they all wrinkle beyond belief. and I'm not talking about the end of the day wrinkles. I'm saying I pull shirt off hanger, put on body, bend over to tie shoe lace and BAM... shirt us covered in large permanant wrinkles for the day.

I iron/steam shirts ... but I never use starch (didn't in states either). is that my problem? I see others in HK walking around wrinkle free so there must be some solution.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yah, I buy the easy care and non-iron variety from Marks & Sparks

For my casual shirts, I don't mind if they are slightly wrinkled, in fact I prefer the look - for the same reason I never iron jeans

yeah..i mean i have some more casual shirts and pants/shorts that i dont mind being slightly wrinkled. but sometimes i just want a shirt that will not be so wrinkled as soon as i make the slightest movement.

the only thing i can think of that is different then what i did with laundry back in states was the use of a warming dryer with fabric softener sheets. if that was used i would take the warm clothes out of dryer and immediately hang them up, very little need to iron.

but here the dryer only spins water out, but doesnt actually dry. so i cant use those softener sheets (and i already add the liquid to wash/rinse cycle). maybe thats the problem?

Nah, I think it's the humidity, and heat which causes you to sweat more (more humidity) that causes the clothes to crease more easily.

If you find a solution, please let me know

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

If you don't have a drier, perhaps spin the clothes on a lower spin speed. Also try using something like Fabulon - it also makes the clothes easier to iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    If you don't have a drier, perhaps spin the clothes on a lower spin speed. Also try using something like Fabulon - it also makes the clothes easier to iron.
    Claire, I don't think the issue is ironing, it's trying to get them not crease so easily when you wear them, which in Hong Kong is as difficult as preventing mould in spring/early summer here.

The more cotton in the fabric, the more prone they are to wrinkle. The more poly or other synthetic, the less prone. That's how I understand it.

Its the humidity, I have to iron my hubby's shirts twice. first time when they are wet straight out of the machine then again when they have dried on the hangers, seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by redestiny:
    Its the humidity, I have to iron my hubby's shirts twice. first time when they are wet straight out of the machine then again when they have dried on the hangers, seems to work.
    But I have a lot of whites, doesn't ironing them wet give them a nasty shade of nicotine yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    But I have a lot of whites, doesn't ironing them wet give them a nasty shade of nicotine yellow?
    I haven't had any issues, and I use a regular philips steam iron.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast