Is The Chippy in Central any good?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is The Chippy in Central any good?

Hi,

I have recently moved to HK from the UK, but would like some traditional fish and chips. Can anyone advise if The Chippy at Central is worth a visit?

Thanks.

very good and authentic, though at a premium. if you're in there, for moment you will think you're in greasy spoon cafe somewhere in uk, untill you see the price.
    they even have copies of the sun

^^ Agreed.

The food is great, especially the fish cakes. They do some really good set meals for around the $100 mark. I went there a while ago and afterwards recommended it to a couple of friends who loved it as well.

I went about 12months ago and will never go back, there was a cockroach running across the counter as I went to pay...

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    they even have copies of the sun
    I was going to go over and try myself until I saw that comment. No way I'm walking in anywhere that has copies of that comic!

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    I was going to go over and try myself until I saw that comment. No way I'm walking in anywhere that has copies of that comic!
    Whats wrong with The Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by AW2007:
    I went about 12months ago and will never go back, there was a cockroach running across the counter as I went to pay...
    Possibly a mainland cockroach as it obviously didn't want to queue!

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Whats wrong with The Sun.
    Nothing if it's lying on the pavement with a dog squatting above it......!

Nothing wrong with the Sun and certainly nothing wrong with the local wildlife (cockroach, spiders, geckos)...they are just part of the charm of Asia :-)

I went there about a year back and just found the selections too oily and greasy and havent been back since. I wish Harry Ramsden's would come back so I can have a challenge...I miss that place.

Any other good spots in HongKong for F&C ?

HC

It's okay. Pretty decent chip shop fare but at a real premium price. A good place to take my American friends if I want to freak them out with the mythical creature that is the deep fried mars bar.

Personal favorite late night alternative to a Chippy for me is The Flying Pan which has that greasyspoon feel to it and is probably better value for money. I highly recommend the 4x4x4

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast