Why there are not that many people using laptops in MTR?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why there are not that many people using laptops in MTR?

It is common to see people using laptop computers in subways in Japan. In HK, I don't see that often (about 5 people in a year). Why people do not use laptops in the trains?

Because the average journey time (or at least that between changes) is really too short to do anything of any significance?

people sleep in mtr

I've used my laptop on the MTR and seen other people doing the same, but you're right, that's relatively rare here. Maybe people are worried about dropping them. I definitely wouldn't want to have my netbook out on a crowded train!

people in hk generally work longer hours than the in the west, the last thing you wanna do is to work after a long over time shift!!

thus, most do leisurely activities such as watch video their ipod touch/phone/dmp or play a game on their psp/ds.

although, the OP is not comparing hk to the "west" but to Japan, which is East, i believe?

the journeys are too short to bother !

I would a netbook but not my Mac, hassle and I'd feel like everybody is looking at me which might make me nervous which might make me drop it.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I prefer to recharge my energy levels rather then discharging the batteries of my various gadgets.
    So generally you will find me standing next to the door,eyes wide shut,totally zoned in on my reiki pose.

when ever I use my mac on the mtr, I get weird looks from people.
    Also they "try" to read my screen when I work.

Probably related to the majority of small companies and minimal consulting enterprises. Most work is done in the office and on paper.

Just read some of the threads here, it's still rather backward country for the enterprise. Shipping and customs clearance is still done all on the phone and paperwork.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast