Ikea CB vs Shatin

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ikea CB vs Shatin

Just wondering if it is worth a trip to the Sha tin flagship ikea store...does it have much more variety than Causeway Bay, or can you pretty much get it all there. I need a tall and narrow bathroom wall unit and the bathroom unit selection at CB is pretty limited.

thoughts? also does ikea do outdoor furniture?

Why dont you try Pricerite in CWB?

The Ikea at Kowloon Bay is well worth a visit

so sand, does the Kowloon bay have different stock? Also what is pricerite? A cheap homeware type store presumably?

Will hunt down

Cheers

Pricerite is great, they have served me well in setting up house from scratch. They don't make you walk through the maze like Ikea so you get less of that trapped underwater feeling' so their stores are much better to visit. Their furniture is reasonably placed and you can order some of the red apple stuff out of the catalogue that is not on show in the store. Their homeware appliances all seem to be much cheaper than the likes of Wing on and their range is good. The store at Wan Chai is better tha CWB for non-furniture stuff. At first we thought IKEA was just what we needed but we have bought way more than Pricerite. You should also check out the 15th floor of Windsor House opposite IKEA CWB - most of its not my style but it sure is cheap. Wing On is good for household stuff too just the appliances seem to be more expensive than pricerite.

The Kowloon Bay branch has very similar stock to the Sha Tin one. However, a day out to Sha Tin isn't such a bad thing.

Also has cafe and snack bar.

why not look at the catalogue. IKEA do not have anything in furniture in their stores that is not in their catalogue.

We bought quite a bit of stuff from IKEA in CB and they had pretty much everything we had seen in the catalogue and wanted to buy.

The items were biggies like wardrobes, dining table, slefing units etc....

shatin's better, less people and easier parking etc. plus the vibe's a lot more relaxed. but yes, the telford plaza one is also pretty nice.

Sha Tin Ikea is much larger than Causeway bay and is less hemmed in. A lot more stock on show in Sha Tin as well. Whether it's worth the trip depends on whether you're an IKEA type of person!

As mentioned try Pricerite, who are pretty much everywhere or Direct Sales who are based in Causeway Bay and Mongkok

the maze!! argh that hurts my patriotic feelings..ikea who dare speak such thing about you..thy beloved outlet of super tasty candies and biscuts from back home will have thy vengence. Ikea has a shortcut system in their stores, just follow the signs to avoid the *coff coff* maze...its as easy as that...swedish style! yeah!.....and i dont wanna hear any complaints about missing sqrews and low quallity such thats just modern legends created by jelaous competitors to taint the swedish perfection hehehe :P
    And if anyone will go there in the near future please steal some books for me i will pay by the kilo hahahhaha

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast