Any German tutor here?

Closed Thread

Any German tutor here?

Hi all,

I am actually not an expat at all. I am a local Chinese from Hong Kong and I have been learning German at Goethe for a year. I work 5 days a week in China which leaves me no time except the weekends in HK. Now as I advance, they dont provide weekend classes anymore. So I am thinking, if it is affordable of course, to have a private tutor, about 1-2 hrs per week.

Anyone that can help, please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you!

KK

Hi kukiman! My girlfriend is taking the same course as you at the Goethe. She is only on level 2 but is already finding it hard to keep up. However her friend is taking it with her so they encourage each other. I think a private tutor would be expensive. They offer some courses at Friday night. You couldn't get off work early and rush back to Wan Chai?

Hi kirlex,

welll well... hahaha yes.. i realize there are tons of ladies there becoz of their bf/husband is german. I am there for the same reason... just find it weird that it doesnt happen the other way around.. ????

and it makes u wonder why the bf/gf never be able to JUST TEACH their own gf/bf!!! > anyway I m not complaining anyway.. coz i m not teaching her enuf cantonese..

bist du ein deutsch?

my problem is that i m not sure when I am in hong kong. So I need a flexible schedule. It is impossible to join goethe anymore as I would travel even more often as i would keep skipping classes.. may it be even on saturday..

anyone here?? anyone at all??? :P

KK

Hello, Wie gehst du?
    Feel obliged to rely because I have studied German-lite before, not sure if I can offer much help though. If you have no luck there are other Cantonese learning websites that you could try asking on, for their language swaps. You could meet up and then alternate between Cantonese and German for the benefit of both parties.
    I assume you already watch DW television on Now (or tapes) and if you are with Goethe than you have put up ads already for a tutor. Been to German functions in HK but as yet haven’t meet anyone who has time for tutoring …if I do will definitely post again.
    Unfortunately that might be later than your schedule. xx Viel spaz.

why don't you contact the German Swiss School to see if there is anyone there willing to do it. The school should be listed under GSIS.

Hi Kukiman,
    are you still intersted? If so, you may contact me on 9303 9138 or visit my website.

asiasmile

I am a Germany born chinese and back in Hong Kong two month ago.
    If you still need help in learning German, just drop me a pm.

Other suggestion
    What about setting up a German learning get together and exercise what you have learned? Everyone is welcome beginner and intermediate.

Last edited by asiasmile; 19-10-2008 at 06:35 PM.