Bittorrent Troubles

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bittorrent Troubles

I saw that a few of you are bittorrent users in HK, could anyone lend a hand?

....In the Log I keep getting the error

"Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (61, 'Connection refused')>"

I've read that it's a problem with the torrent being unavailable, and not at problem at my end. However, I've tried tons of different torrents, and have been using the program for few days without any luck.

Is it a firewall issue to do with pccw broadband?

...and, I'm using Mac Os x Tiger. Any Mac users with any tips?

Haven't been able to download a single kb so far!

i ususally use diet kazaa and i thought that i'd give bittorrent a try. i must say that i find the kazaa format much easier....
    any tips any one???

Hi carang. Sure, bittorrent's interface requires a bit more know-how than that of kazaa. But I don't like the spyware that comes with stuff such as Kazaa. Plus I'm hoping that BT will work quicker than other P2P programs...once I get the damn thing running!

Any people with Now Broadband, who use BT? Is it a firewall issue?

yeah i agree about the spyware...
    i'm going to give bittorrent a trya nd see anyway...wish me luck!

hi pistachico...
    i've tried bittorrent and i got no reaction at all...the status stays as 0% even though my connection is very good. i'm thinking its caused by the firewall..
    same with imesh, i can't make it work.. however, limewire works fine.

Stay tuned as i'll give instructions tomorrow (dont have time right now). DO NOT use any of the KAZAA sites, they are full of spyware. Trust me on this FACT!

so far so good

I'm a bigger techo dumb ass than most, and I've had no problems with bittorrent in WinXP. I use www.torrentspy.com, and their suggested client Azureus...super easy install and easy to use. I just dl'd about 1.5Gb in 3 hrs....is that fast? I don't know but fast enuf for me...

Thanks Baron! Much appreciated

I am using NOW Broadband and I dont have any problem with BT . torrent files download is much faster .Kazaa is full of spywares DO NOT USE IT .

=================================='

"Is it a firewall issue to do with pccw broadband?"

Pistachico ,I DONT THINK SO .cause I am using pccw broadband and I have no problem downloading torrent files .Have you tried downloading torrent files from this site ??http://thepiratebay.org/ ??

Try re-downloading BT software.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast