not too expensive wedding rings in HK ?

Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    21,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    hull: do you mean Wing On Jewellery? (Not the Dept. store.)
    Sounds familiar but I am hopeless at names. I just walk in and get it.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18

    Hi,
    You can try TAKA Jewellery in Causeway Bay (East point road, between G2000 and Giordano, close to SOGO)
    See the website : Taka Jewellery

    I bought a ring there recently...I think it was all right (nice and not too expensive).

    Up to you and congratulations !


  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    23,221

    We were happy with the service and pricing at Gaily Jewellery in Queen's Road Central (near the big Sasa sign).


  4. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    228

    Congrats Mikahell!
    I got married in Hong Kong last year and the ring issue was a tough one.
    In causeway bay, if you walk from Sogo towards Wanchai, you will find plenty of smal jewelery. The best thing is to enter some of them and do the benchmark. You can bargain, i got mine for quite cheap in the end and the quality is good.
    And then, it all depend on the style of ring you want. I wanted something very simple but it seemed simple was impossible to find in Hong Kong except at Tiffany's....


  5. #15
    Mat
    Mat is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,601

    Not sure what you mean by not too expensive but the big names here: Chow San San, Chow Tai Fook, TSL, 3D Gold....will set you anywhere between 1K to 5K which IMHO is pretty correct.

    More international brand (Tiffany & Co, Cartier)....will start from around 8/10K minimum


  6. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyanimal
    I wanted something very simple but it seemed simple was impossible to find in Hong Kong except at Tiffany's....
    I know what you mean...I lost count of the number of shops who expressed shock (and lost a sale) when I stated I wanted a plain wedding band (one comment was "But everyone in Hong Kong wants diamonds in their wedding band these days!")...the only thing missing was the 'dahling' at the end...

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    308

    I believe Hullexile means the jewellery store called ??, which is directly opposite the Wanchai MTR station on Johnston Rd, by the corner of the zebra crossing.


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    23,221

    Mrs PDLM and I got plain white gold wedding bands at Gaily Jewellery with no problem at all.


  9. #19
    Mat
    Mat is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,601
    Quote Originally Posted by timklip
    I know what you mean...I lost count of the number of shops who expressed shock (and lost a sale) when I stated I wanted a plain wedding band (one comment was "But everyone in Hong Kong wants diamonds in their wedding band these days!")...the only thing missing was the 'dahling' at the end...
    we got plain wedding band without any hassle

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    Mrs PDLM and I got plain white gold wedding bands at Gaily Jewellery with no problem at all.
    Yeah me too in the end, we found what we wanted, but it was after visiting 20 shops that all explained that today, wedding rings can also be fashion...
    I guess we were unlucky. some bad omen, maybe....

Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast