Question about where to live...

Closed Thread

Question about where to live...

Heyy guys! I've lived in HK for a couple of months now, but can NOT stand campus life anymore. As HKU is located in the very western parts of the island, I'd obviously like a place close by...but kinda like the eastern parts better...

I've heard alot about the morning rush hour. Does anyone have any idea how long it would take me to get to the western parts, ie. HKU from causeway or happyvalley between 8 and 9 a weekday? Should I even think about this or just get a place in Kennedy Town?

Comments appreciated!!!

didn't you comment about kennedy town being a bit dodgy..?

the transportation is ok in the rush hour as trains and buses run quite frequently then..good luck!

Last edited by angiebaby80; 13-10-2005 at 10:57 AM. Reason: country grammar

I did, I did, I did....it's kinda bad really..haha...well, anything's better than 10000000000 local 18 year olds jumping and cheering every night at 4am like at campus...man, it totally wrecks me, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz:
    anything's better than 10000000000 local 18 year olds jumping and cheering every night at 4am like at campus...
    Sounds awesome! I'm happy to a swap for my quiet apartment in Mid Levels for some 4am party action with a bunch of uni students?

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    Sounds awesome! I'm happy to a swap for my quiet apartment in Mid Levels for some 4am party action with a bunch of uni students?
    no you dont!!...you have to work, remember?

I used to work on Third Street, which is below Bonham Road. I used the 28 minibus from CWB to HKU. About 40 mins and about HK$8

How is living on Bonham Road, is that still considered Sai Ying Pun or is it Western Midlevels?

sazzy thanks, I'll keep this in mind!

saltwater...hoho...did I mention that there are no female visitors or intoxicating liquors allowed on campus?!?

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    you've clearly never been to HKU!

there is NO STUDENT BAR

and worse - going out for drinks after (or even before) lectures is unheard of!

I wisely avoided student halls so cant comment on them, and although not the over-riding factor, the no alcohol, no overnight visitors policy was at odds with my definition/concpet of 'student life'....

and oh yerh, no smoking on campus! (of ANY discription)