Getting grass seed or lawn turf planted

Reply
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Territories
    Posts
    18

    Getting grass seed or lawn turf planted

    Dear Friends,

    I have a vey small strip of garden and want to get some grass planted on it or some lawn turf layed. Does anyone have a recommendation of a company that can help with this ?

    Sincerely,

    T. Washington


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Clear Water Bay (In Da Jungle)
    Posts
    10,055
    Quote Originally Posted by T Washington
    Dear Friends,

    I have a vey small strip of garden and want to get some grass planted on it or some lawn turf layed. Does anyone have a recommendation of a company that can help with this ?

    Sincerely,

    T. Washington
    i did it myself and its quite good now, my lovely garden due to my huskies running on it, killed most of my front part of the garden. Went to Flower market in Prince Edward/Mong Kok and one of the flower shops there sells 2 types of grass seeds that come in a can. Cost is $88 for Bermuda grass and some other one which i forgot. Bought a small rake as they didnt have the larges one and took it back. Spent an afternoon raking and planting the seeds. Now it looks great.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,569

    or you can buy the turf from any one of the nurseries in sai kung.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Clear Water Bay (In Da Jungle)
    Posts
    10,055
    Quote Originally Posted by carang
    or you can buy the turf from any one of the nurseries in sai kung.
    lazy

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,569

    LOL! we actually planted the grass, too, about 1000' of it... it grew very nicely... then 15 dogs ruined it in about 10 minutes flat.

    we thought about the turf, but decided on tiles instead... much easier to clean!


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Clear Water Bay (In Da Jungle)
    Posts
    10,055
    Quote Originally Posted by carang
    LOL! we actually planted the grass, too, about 1000' of it... it grew very nicely... then 15 dogs ruined it in about 10 minutes flat.

    we thought about the turf, but decided on tiles instead... much easier to clean!
    Haahaa, tiles is the way to go but since we are only renting this place and the LL doesnt want us to change the garden, apparently 7 people own that part of land, he's just borrowing a part of it by fencing it off.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Territories
    Posts
    18

    Thanks

    Thanks guys, you are very helpful indeed and the lawn you planted looks excellent.

    Sincerely,

    T. Washington


  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,569
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia
    Haahaa, tiles is the way to go but since we are only renting this place and the LL doesnt want us to change the garden, apparently 7 people own that part of land, he's just borrowing a part of it by fencing it off.
    we didn't actually lay the tiles properly. we just laid them down in the soft earth. it looks ok, but is easily removed for when we move, too.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia
    i did it myself and its quite good now, my lovely garden due to my huskies running on it, killed most of my front part of the garden. Went to Flower market in Prince Edward/Mong Kok and one of the flower shops there sells 2 types of grass seeds that come in a can. Cost is $88 for Bermuda grass and some other one which i forgot. Bought a small rake as they didnt have the larges one and took it back. Spent an afternoon raking and planting the seeds. Now it looks great.
    Looks great,

    How long did that grass take to grow? (estimation)?

    Thanks very much.

    Best regards,
    Larry