Firefox vs Opera

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Firefox vs Opera

I am fully converted to Firefox having used Opera for the last 2 years. However, I do miss Opera's spatial navigation and auto-saving of tabs when exiting (I know Firefox can do this but you need to save the tabs prior to exiting). What are your opinions?

then switch back to opera..it's better, now that it's free...=)

The main reason for leaving Opera was it's tendency to consume and hog vast amounts of memory. This was then often followed by it hanging and me force closing it down.
    Some websites couldn't be displayed properly in Opera but were fine in I.E. and Firefox.

I've never quite understood what people mean by 'spacial navigation' but then I don't use a graphical file manager, so that might explain that...

As for saving tabs when you exit, I use the SessionSaver extension which does just that - saves your session (all tabs, cookies, etc.) when you exit or when, as does happen, Firefox goes away of its own accord, and you can also save sessions at any point. Quite useful, as I tend to have lots and lots and lots of tabs open at once - over 60 right now

i use Avant and IE

I hate Firefox's plugin problems. But I love it for those crack searches! And I need it for checking my website designs on different browsers.

Firefox for me.

Firefox for me but it can be a a pain for using WYSIWIG editors etc so have to revert to IE every now and then. Don't like Safari and haven't tried Opera, though I did go and see Aida in the amphitheatre in Verona this summer.

If you're using FF try typing 'w' in the address bar, no http, no www, no nothing, just 'w' and press return. Not sure it works on PC though.

What is w supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    Firefox for me but it can be a a pain for using WYSIWIG editors etc so have to revert to IE every now and then. Don't like Safari and haven't tried Opera, though I did go and see Aida in the amphitheatre in Verona this summer.

If you're using FF try typing 'w' in the address bar, no http, no www, no nothing, just 'w' and press return. Not sure it works on PC though.
    i tried it on my PC, and it opened the site http://www.whitehouse.gov/

is this what u meant??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast