Like Tree2Likes

Compensated Dating

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TS888:
    The girls are compensating for a lack of maturity by f*cking for play money, and the men are compensating for their inability to have mature relationships by paying for sex.....
    but we cannot really say either party is being "immature." The word, mature, has two meanings: a stage of biological development or an ethical judgment of someone's behavior. Paying for sex in one way or another is actually more common than not paying for it and cannot be said to be ethically immature. It has by the way been observed in chimp communities.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Consumerism is a global commodity not indicative to only China/ Hong Kong. Without consumerism there would be no global trading, no stock markets, banks, etc. Consumerism has been in existence since the ancient times.

The only difference is that we make our living, sitting or standing the majority of the time, and they make their living on their back the majority of the time.

P.S.
    I dont see how you can blame this all on one person. Oh BTW, its spelled Deng Xiaoping, not Deng Shao Ping.
    Buying and selling have of course always been in existence in one for or another and the rich have always taken advantage of the poor. it doesn't mean we have to condone it as the supreme value above anything else. When a society makes you feel inadequate if you dont have the latest gadget and accessories then perhaps it's time to reexamine what is most important. Do we really need to have giant lit billboards flashing 24/7 and air con running at 20C all year round to attract customers?

As to sitting and lying on your back being the only difference, that's either incredibly naive or you're some kind of apologist. It may be true in some circumstances but prostitution is in many case very demeaning to women and often leads to huge problems later on. The potential for violence, drugs, slavery etc... is obvious not to mention the health risks. Not too many bankers have to face men trying to force themselves on them without condoms and risking HIV infection. Bottom line, would you want your daughter doing it?

As to spelling of chinese names, I think it's inappropriate to correct someone since the western spelling is only a phonetic approximation of the chinese characters making up the name. Granted that there often is an agreed version of the name but it's very easy to see many spelling variation of the same character in China.

i've just heard about 'compensated dating' last night and as it seems, is a euphemism for prostitution. compensated dating per se can cover from the wholesome to the loathsome aspect of dating. whichever way we take it, at least one of you should enjoy it.. :-p

I dont see how you can relate consumerism, or economics 101 with the Rich taking advantage of the poor. With the exception of a few, most are not born "Rich". The majority of people in this world acquired or built their wealth through determination, hard work, and taking risks when everyone else says "Thats a stupid idea".

For example, the creator of the pet rock in the 70's, he sold a box that had a rock inside that was your pet. When he first presented that idea to Mattel, they told him it was stupid and they were not interested. He went on to fund and market it himself and within a few months, the guy was a millionaire.

By your rational, this guy has taken advantage of the poor because he is now rich.

No one forced these kids to prostitute themselves, and to make matters worse, they are not doing it for survival, they do it so they can have the latest and greatest Iphones, Ipods, gadgets and things.

In regards to prostitution and even drugs, if the government were to legalize drugs and prostitution, there would be less chances of Human Trafficking, and forced sexual servitude. In countried and areas where prostitution is legal, the sex workers are licensed, practice safe sex as mandated by their license, have regular weekly checkups, and work by choice. Forced to work against one's will is never heard of in those parts, and the women "do it" for a living. If you legalize something and get it out into the open and not make something so taboo, chances are there will be less men visiting these establishments since its no longer doing something bad.

In China there is a single system for Romanization of Chinese characters, names, etc. There is a standard and everyone follows it, if you do not correct people, they will never know right from wrong.

Peace Out!

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Buying and selling have of course always been in existence in one for or another and the rich have always taken advantage of the poor. it doesn't mean we have to condone it as the supreme value above anything else. When a society makes you feel inadequate if you dont have the latest gadget and accessories then perhaps it's time to reexamine what is most important. Do we really need to have giant lit billboards flashing 24/7 and air con running at 20C all year round to attract customers?

As to sitting and lying on your back being the only difference, that's either incredibly naive or you're some kind of apologist. It may be true in some circumstances but prostitution is in many case very demeaning to women and often leads to huge problems later on. The potential for violence, drugs, slavery etc... is obvious not to mention the health risks. Not too many bankers have to face men trying to force themselves on them without condoms and risking HIV infection. Bottom line, would you want your daughter doing it?

As to spelling of chinese names, I think it's inappropriate to correct someone since the western spelling is only a phonetic approximation of the chinese characters making up the name. Granted that there often is an agreed version of the name but it's very easy to see many spelling variation of the same character in China.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows:
    I dont see how you can relate consumerism, or economics 101 with the Rich taking advantage of the poor. With the exception of a few, most are not born "Rich". The majority of people in this world acquired or built their wealth through determination, hard work, and taking risks when everyone else says "Thats a stupid idea".
    Rags to riches story are few and far between. If you are born poor, the likeliness is that you'll stay that way... It might be nice to take a little anecdotal story to make a point but the wealth of societies is and has always been built on the backs of others.

Slavery, war and exploitation are the tools of the trade and have been since time immemorial. There's a reason why companies move their factories to developing countries and it's not to help them get out of poverty. You seriously think western countries are richer because they've worked harder?

As to prostitution, aks yourself one question...would you want your daughter to do it? I suspect very few fathers would say yes to that... It's Ok to do it but not for my family. That goes right back to exploitation. Legalizing drug or prostitution doesn't solve all the problems. It doesn't protect a women from STD or random attacks, it doesn't give them back their self esteem either.

Anyway, we create these problems for ourselves, women prostitute themselves because there are men filling their pockets. Young girls want to acquire the latest thing because society says that this is what we must do in order to be successful. They are simply following in the footsteps of older adults who do the same thing.

Legalizing drug or prostitution doesn't solve all the problems. It doesn't protect a women from STD or random attacks, it doesn't give them back their self esteem either.
    Legalizing drugs and prostitution will not solve all problems because nothing will solve all problems, but legalizing consensual victimless actions will solve some problems that do need to be solved.

The police should not be allowed to brutalize prostitutes as they do in countries where prostitution is still illegal. Police harassment of prostitutes is done for the sake mainly of affluent classes against members of poor classes who engage in prostitution. The police do not harass affluent prostitutes, of which there may be as many or more. So criminalization of prostitution is actually a form of class war. Legalizing prostitution will end this class war and thus solve that problem.

Most crime is property crime, and most property crime is done by drug addicts to get money for their habits. Drugs should be given free to addicts. This would end the majority of property crime and save taxpayers billions in prison and police expenses. This would make the streets of some cities like those in the USA and Latin America much safer. Drug addicts are not hurting anyone by taking drugs like the opium based drugs. These drugs do not cause crime by themselves. It is the harm a person commits, not the drug they take, that should be ended. So legalizing drug taking and giving addicts their drugs free will solve a lot of problems.
    Last edited by ig.consulting; 17-10-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ig.consulting:
    Legalizing drugs and prostitution will not solve all problems because nothing will solve all problems, but legalizing consensual victimless actions will solve some problems that do need to be solved.

The police should not be allowed to brutalize prostitutes as they do in countries where prostitution is still illegal. Police harassment of prostitutes is done for the sake mainly of affluent classes against members of poor classes who engage in prostitution. The police do not harass affluent prostitutes, of which there may be as many or more. So criminalization of prostitution is actually a form of class war. Legalizing prostitution will end this class war and thus solve that problem.

Most crime is property crime, and most property crime is done by drug addicts to get money for their habits. Drugs should be given free to addicts. This would end the majority of property crime and save taxpayers billions in prison and police expenses. This would make the streets of some cities like those in the USA and Latin America much safer. Drug addicts are not hurting anyone by taking drugs like the opium based drugs. These drugs do not cause crime by themselves. It is the harm a person commits, not the drug they take, that should be ended. So legalizing drug taking and giving addicts their drugs free will solve a lot of problems.
    If it was that simple, you think that you're the only genius that would have come up with this brilliant idea? Holland has some of the most permissive laws in the world yet they still have to contend with the same problems as other countries.

You can't separate the actions that someone does because of drug intake. You don't excuse a driver under the influence that runs over a pedestrian.

I do agree that harassment of prostitutes is deplorable. Much better to harass the johns. Love it when they publish the guys name or send letters to his home. They are usually the ones committing the crimes, the violence and spreading STDs.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ig.consulting:

Agreed, as Plato wrote: "In a society where there is crime, there is no justice"

Agreed.

Disagree
    IMHO the police who abuse their power and break laws while hiding behind their shields should be locked up. Unfortunately, in this world, the word "Fair" does not exist. It is estimated that 1 out of every 5 cops has broken or abused the law in one way shape or form but has gotten a pass because they hold a shield.[/B]

I disagree with you on the point of dispensing addictive opiate based narcotics free or otherwise is not a good choice. Years ago I was in a really bad car accident that fractured my shoulder, ribs, and both my arms the hospital gave me morphine for the pain. Morphine like all opiates are very addictive.

After I was given my first shot of morphine, I didnt feel any pain, I wasnt hungry, I even lost my craving for cigarettes, and coffee.

Every four hours the nurses would come in and pump me full of morphine the first day. After which I was told that if I felt pain to ring the button and they would give me more.

By the second day, I was ringing the button every 2 hours so that I could get another hit, the nurses would ask how bad is the pain from 1 to 10, 10 being unbearable, I would tell them it was 100 so that they would increase the dosage.

It got to the point where I realized that I was becoming a morphine junkie so I stopped asking.

The withdrawl symptoms from opiate based narcotics is something that words cannot describe. You constantly think about it, the feeling is so intense that its hard to describe. I would rather of had a red hot branding iron poked in my eyes than to go through that shit again.

Opiates bind to the opioid receptors in the brain, these receptors perform a majority of functions. For example, they control pain, respiration, euphoria, sedation, etc.

By binding to these receptor sites, they block out normal bodily functions supplementing them with opiates. The need to eat, happiness, feeling pain, etc, is supplanted with opiates.

All one cares about when hooked on opiates is when the next hit is coming.

I totally disagree with you on this, your logic is flawed.

Anyway, we create these problems for ourselves, women prostitute themselves because there are men filling their pockets. Young girls want to acquire the latest thing because society says that this is what we must do in order to be successful. They are simply following in the footsteps of older adults who do the same thing.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Finally someone who sees the underlying point of my post. I'm not blaming the girls or the john's. I just think it's a shame that the girls' values are being compromised by society such that they need to become prostitutes for the sake of materialistic objects.

I have not read the full posts on that thread but Compensated Dating is mostly for guys who are not able to find a decent date any other way.

And yes it is boredline prostitution since the intend is very clear on both side (she wants money, he wants eye candy)

As for those who refer to some "normal" girls that have multiple dates with multiple guys do get free dinners and all....you may not define it as prostitution but the fact remains that those sluts are whores (if I may say)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast