Like Tree5Likes

Best fried chicken in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Robogar:
    What about the Taiwanese fried chicken place on electric road in Tin Hau? There's always a line up there...
    This one:

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    Just tried the hot star large fried chicken in TIn Hau...for $25 dollars you get a huge chicken fillet fried. Ask for extra seasoning. It's pretty good and filling. They have popcorn chicken and drumsticks too. I'm pretty happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisoMayi:
    Hot star in tai wai!
    A bit of chicken the size of your head for 25 dollers cooked before your eyes and then put in a bag for you to eat drunkenly on you way home! Best fried chicken in Hong Kong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead2k1:
    reviving this thread.
    Seeing a lot of good recommendations here. Gotta say I agree strongly with Hot Star. It's Taiwanese style and you buy it from a hole in the wall but it's crunchy, spiced real good, and not too pricey.

Just had a friend drive to the airport for Popeyes, why they don't open another branch in TST or Causeway confounds me. One of my friends from Louisiana raves about Popeyes, I quote: "Ain't no fried chicken but popeyes"

Personally, and I feel a little dirty saying this, Hot Star really is pretty decent. Could have a bit more thick crunchy skin, but it's pretty decent.

McDonalds also started serving fried chicken and it's much better than KFC.
    I would agree with the recommendations for Hot Star, very nice tasting especially with the seasoning, very reasonably priced. Just sickeningly greasy, but I guess you can't have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDC:
    The Popeyes fried chicken at the airport is not nearly as good as what is served in the states. The chicken was rather dry and chewy last time I had it. And the biscuits are dry and a bit bland compared to the ones I've had from US Popeyes which are light, fluffy and buttery
    I haven't tried the US one but the one at the airport wasn't too my taste either, perhaps comparable to the McDonalds fried chicken (which isn't much to rave about).

Better they don't bother even trying to open more shops across town. But I would support some Kenny Roger's Roasted Chicken franchise.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8