Who are the Mods or Admins? Recipe Exchange Topic

Closed Thread

Who are the Mods or Admins? Recipe Exchange Topic

Sorry, noob here, have been lurking for a few months, just havent had a chance to sign up and contribute. I was wondering if it would be possible to setup a topic for exchanging recipes?

As we all know, the food here takes a little getting used to, and we probably over time have developed some recipes using ingredients that are locally available.

So would it be possible to create a recipe topic for aspiring chefs and those who love to eat?

I think its a wonderful idea, who are the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDecorator:
    Sorry, noob here, have been lurking for a few months, just havent had a chance to sign up and contribute. I was wondering if it would be possible to setup a topic for exchanging recipes?

As we all know, the food here takes a little getting used to, and we probably over time have developed some recipes using ingredients that are locally available.

So would it be possible to create a recipe topic for aspiring chefs and those who love to eat?

Why not post a few recipes to see if it gets traction? There are uncountable possible sections to add, so I think if it takes off in a thread you have a better chance of getting a category for it. Just my guess.

That's a wonderful idea. Hubby and I talked just the other night about adopting more local ingredients since some things are harder/more expensive to come by here than in Canada. However, we are not sure how to go about it. For example, we have a pasta sauce that we make from pureed vegetables... and he actually suggested maybe we can puree bok choy or choy sum... but I am a little afraid of that. So I'd love to hear some ideas that WORK!!

It's actually a green sauce... it's our asparagus pasta.

Sauce: sweat onions & celery.
    Add leeks, courgette & asparagus stalks.
    Add basil & vegetable stock.
    Cook until tender.
    Place in blender to make sauce.
    Saute asparagus tips with butter & garlic.
    Serve with pasta of your choice!
    Quite yummy!

Sounds to me like a recipe that should be on Geobaby rather than here, but chacun a son gout...

I assume you're suggesting that's the version you make locally since all of those ingredients are readily available here. How do you do it differently overseas?

Last edited by PDLM; 20-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Geoexpat's sister site that covers issues of parenting (including pureed baby food presumably)

Actually, there are two ways to make pasta sauces. One is to use a tomato based with lots of chunky vegetables, the other way is to use a vegetable base and puree the veggies in either a food mill or a food processor and then adding stock to thin it out. Its a different taste since you have all the subtle nuances of the mixed veggies in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Geoexpat's sister site that covers issues of parenting (including pureed baby food presumably)

Well clearly there are those and many other things you could chuck on pasta ("spaghetti pork chop anyone?)

But I stand corrected - I just went through my book of 100 pasta sauces and did indeed find 4 which I'd never noticed before and which involved pureeing vegetables. Still sounds a bit like baby food to me though.