Like Tree1Likes

Coming here soon from UK or US? (HELP)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Coming here soon from UK or US? (HELP)

Hello,

I've lived in HK since August, and will not return to Europe before the summer. For health reasons I need daily intake of an amino acid called L-Methonine. I can't find the stuff here in HK, no matter how hard I look. I find similar stuff but I want to be sure I have the correct product.

There is a possibility to order it from overseas, but it takes 20 days, and the mailboxes here in HK is outside of the gate which doesn't make the ordering totally safe (mail have been lost here before). And I am about to run out of supply.

In US and UK it's widely available online. If anyone is reading this, now in US or UK, I would really appreciate help with bringing L-Methonine to HK for me. I will order it and pay with my VISA on the internet, ship it to your address and you can bring it here.

Will be highly appreciated - I promise a secret gift!

Please mail me on
    [email protected]

Just a suggestion - how about getting a friend in the UK to take delivery of it for you, and then post it express delivery to HK, with a service that requires a signature so it won't be left in the mailbox, or get it delivered to your work address? If delivery within the UK is quick then I imagine you'll have it a lot more quickly than 20 days.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

We order our vitamins and supplements online from iherb. It takes about 3-4 days (depending on customs) by DHL/UPS, delivered to the door and signed for.

Vrindavan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    We order our vitamins and supplements online from iherb. It takes about 3-4 days (depending on customs) by DHL/UPS, delivered to the door and signed for.
    Prices plus shipping beats the local stuff? We have been buying everything on trips home and hauling it back. But that makes for overly-full luggage, large bills and storage problems. I hav ebeen ignoring the fact that I need to come up with a new way in about a week or so when things start to run out.

Sleuth, we purchase enough for 3-4 months at a time and sometimes a couple of friends join the order too. At iherb, we get a discount of 16% off everything and the UPS is around US$20-25 (it's a special rate they offer). The delivery charge is a good bit less than the discount and the choice is very good.

I've put in an order on Monday and had it delivered to our home on Saturday, even with a delay of a day in Customs.

And when I forgot my OH's TMG (cannot find it in HK), it was sent out from iherb by airmail and we got it within a week.

We just don't bother buying stuff when overseas and lugging it back when we can get it so quickly right to the door.

Claire: Thank you so much for hinting about iHerb. I've never shopped for those stuff online before and didn't know which company is reliable/cheap. I now placed an order for some 50 USD and the delivery with DHL is only 12 USD, I'll get my stuff in 3-5 days.

Thanks again.

you can get l-methionine in hong kong. nature's village:
    naturesvillage.com.hk

grimaldi, I am sure someone else will recommend others sites too so you can always compare prices then you next order. But I have never had a problem with iherb (used for a few years now), always prompt and never had anything missing from the orders.

Stay healthy!

Oh I already ordered the stuff now

Anyway, in HK the bottle was 30 capsules, I ordered 360 capsules to a very reduced price, and also added some Sage Tea, which I can't find in HK despite I had Hong Kongese friends asking around.

So, I'm satisfied..

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    At iherb, we get a discount of 16% off everything and the UPS is around US$20-25 (it's a special rate they offer). The delivery charge is a good bit less than the discount and the choice is very good.
    Does everyone get a 16% discount or are you hitting some sort of volume discount?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast