Currency Exchange

Closed Thread

Currency Exchange

Might be a dumb question, but does anyone know of a place in HK (preferably Central) that can do a currency exchange after work hours? I need to get some RMB since I work in China. I have heard that ATM's in China don't all take International ATM/credit cards and I don't read Chinese if the ATM is not in English.

I don't yet have a bank account set up so I can't do it at a bank.

Thanks in advance.

Where is that?

Please excuse my ignorance and the fact that I don't have a map with me at work, but where is the Star Ferry?

With the HSBC HQ behind you face the waterfront and head for it. You will need to cross a main road and then head into the pedestrian subway. Out the other side you will find yourself at the Star Ferry covered area.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by VPI2000:
    Please excuse my ignorance and the fact that I don't have a map with me at work, but where is the Star Ferry?
    If you're in Central, try going to Worldwide House (It's right above a couple of MTR exits so you can't miss it). They usually have money changers that are open a little later. Make sure you go to the ones that have some money transfer services available (like Western Union, MoneyGram, etc..) because they'll be the ones that will stay open longer.

There is an ATM at the Bank of America across the street from Wing on Centre in Sheun Wan that dispenses RMB. I'm sure several other ATMs do this as well.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I was able to hit the B of A ATM from Wes's post. It's just down the street from my place.