Personal concierge service

Closed Thread

Personal concierge service

Does anyone know if I can hire someone to run errands for me from time to time here in Hong Kong ? Just the daily routines you know, pick up laundry, mail letters and maybe sometimes grocery shopping. I know some people have a live-in maid but we don't plan to hire one coz there isn't really that many things to do besides running errands.

Appreciate if you know someone who has used such service before.

Thank you very much!
    Kim

You might try platinum amex - they have something called a consierge service but I think that's more in the line of booking theatre tickets etc.

Alternatively hire a local for a few hours a day/week on an hourly basis (many threads on this).

Alternatively get organised and do it yourself (how long does it take to put a letter in a post box)? To help you, several of the supermarkets have online websites you can order groceries and have them delivered - super easy and quick and no lugging stuff about.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Here is a company which offers personal concierge service - no, I haven't used it and don't know anyone who has.

EasyWorkweek - Concierge Services

Amex platinum will not do that for you, they're more for priority reservations at hotels and golf resorts etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

How many letters are you intending on mailing in these electronic days? I guess I average about well under 10 a year so it's easy just to drop them in the mailbox on the way to work (or whatever). I've never noticed a shortage of mailboxes.

As Min07 says the supermarkets deliver, so that covers the non-perishable stuff. And many places you could live the supermarket is within a few minutes walk of home, or you grab a taxi.

Last edited by PDLM; 23-10-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks for all your replies! Another question, I know many services would charge by the hour. I am just wondering is it possible (or reasonable) to negotiate to be charged by task? Say if I just need someone to post letter or pick up dry clearning it's not going to take an hour and I feel reluctant to pay something like a 100 hourly rate...any thoughts? thanks!

Find a part time helper in your building who will gladly do it for $50 a hour.

If you're going to use a grand term like "personal concierge service" be prepared to pay upwards of $400 an hour.... semantics!

Except, I suspect that the OP wants someone on call 16 hours a day at short notice. Why one earth s/he can't collect his own laundry (10 minutes once a week?) or post his own letters (if you live in the urban areas there's almost certainly a mailbox within a couple of hundred metres of home or office) is beyond me.

...OP, are you winding us up..?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And there are many dry cleaners which pick up and deliver.