4 month Vehicle Licence

4 month Vehicle Licence

This is just to confirm my take on this.. I have never owned a car in HK, only motorcycle and treadly...

If a person, say DDF, buys a vehicle, and takes out third party insurance for 12 months, but then pays a 4 month licence fee, does that mean that he (I) can renew the Licence fee 3 times in a said year, so long as i) third party insurance is valid, and ii) examination/roadworthy certificate period is still valid?

I can't see any other reason for having the 4 month Licence fee, however, it would be nice to have confirmation from someone who does know

Yes your are 100% CORRECT.

Fyi 4 month licence fee when you add it all up is more expensive than buying 1 year licence fee.

If you buy 1 year licence fee and mid way through u want to cancel it, you can get the left over months fee back, they send you a check.

you can also get a refund from the 4 month fee.... my car died 1 month after i renewed my licence... i got just over $1k back.

Fantastic! I saw that I'd end up paying about $500 more this way over the year, however considering the purchase is/was not accounted for on the "budget" it's good to know I can spread the impact over 3 payments. Even better to know I can recoupe if needed. Thanks for the info.

It's a boy's toy. So justifying it and minimizing the impact are paramount

Last edited by dropdedfwed; 29-10-2009 at 12:20 AM.