What happens when PCCW contract expires?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My experience is that after a fixed contract expires you go onto a rolling month by month contract and have two choices:

1) You can stay on the month-by-month which gives you flexibility.

2) You can give them a call and suggest that you are considering whether to stay with them now that your contract has expired and they will offer you a cheaper rate, better bandwidth etc in return for committing to a new 2 year contract. Obviously if they don't offer you a significantly better deal than your rolling contract (or the market generally, or if you just want to keep your flexibility) then there's no point committing to a new 2 year deal.

I've never come across the 'auto-renew' thing personally, with either PCCW or Cable TV in the past but maybe I've just been lucky.

I was informed that, upon expiration of the original contract, if we do not take any action towards cancellation on our own the contract will auto-renew for another 24 months.

I called to cancel the contract upon expiry, but that was because of their stoopid policy requiring subscribers to accept ALL sports channel instead of just the one(s) that they want.

For my PCCW Mobile account, the contract has expired.
    I've also been offered some great handset and contract details if I will sign for another 18 or 24 months.
    I'm just waiting for a nice handset to come out that I want.. (I still love my w880i)
    PCCW Home Phone - cancelled that with a 1 month notice period a while back without trouble.

Avoid PCCW

I too feel PCCW are a bunch of crooks, the first people I've thought that about since I've been in HK.

Our 18 month phone contract expired. They didn't phone or send a letter asking us what we wanted to do. Instead they started charging us a massive amount for phone calls. When I phoned, they said the only way to get these amounts refunded was to sign a new, backdated contract.

My suggestion to others is to keep an eye on when your contract us up, and then change companies. We will be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2